• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

MySQL 5 and PHP5 on Rhel4 PSA 8.4

R

RageLink

Guest
Hello,

I just purchased plesk (plesk 8.4 power pack fully loaded) and a new server (RHEL 4 ES) ... I noticed that plesk 8.4 supports both php5 and mysql 5 mainly because plesk has a different web server and php config for its admin panel so upgrading php wont affect it.

Im used to running inside a VPS but now I have a fully dedicated server. The atomic rocket turtle repos work mainly for VPS...

is there any easy way to update from php4.1 to php5 and mysql 4.1 to mysql5 without breaking eveything?

This is what its currently running:

mysql Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.20, for redhat-linux-gnu (i686) using readline 4.3


PHP 4.3.9 (cgi) (built: Sep 12 2007 11:09:31)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.16, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by ionCube Ltd.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 6)

I appreciate any help you can provide... I have a lot of stuff on my old plesk vps that depende on both mysql5 and php5/

Regards,
Leo.
 
yum is not built into RHEL4 only up2date.. you can install yum but I dont want to do it as it can break dependencies for plesk as it upgrades certain packages.(AFAIK, maybe I havit it all wrong.)
 
Back
Top