• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL db backup script not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanC@

Basic Pleskian
Hi! This is on a CentOS 7.1, Plesk 12. New.

On Plesk 10.4 I had a script that backed up my MySQL databases separately. The script doesn't work now. I get an error:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)​

Do I need to do something different with this new "MariaDB" thing?

Here's the script:

DB_BACKUP="/pat/to/databackup/`date +%Y-%m-%d`"
DB_USER="admin"
DB_PASSWD="-p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`"
HN=`hostname | awk -F. '{print $1}'`

# Create the backup directory
mkdir -p $DB_BACKUP

# Remove backups older than 10 days
find /var/www/vhosts/insightplanners.com/docs/databackup/ -maxdepth 1 -type d -mtime +10 -exec rm -rf {} \;

# Backup each database on the system using a root username and password
for db in $(mysql --user=$DB_USER --password=$DB_PASSWD -e 'show databases' -s --skip-column-names|grep -vi information_schema);
do mysqldump --user=$DB_USER --password=$DB_PASSWD --opt $db | gzip > "$DB_BACKUP/mysqldump-$HN-$db-$(date +%Y-%m-%d).gz";

Have you tried to check your connection with

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

Does it work?

Yes, and from that I get:

MariaDB [(none)]>

I can do all things MySQL from the command line, and all scripts are working on dozens of domains.

Thanks for your reply.

And the script, "mysql_backup.sh," is in the same directory (/usr/local/bin) and has the same owner (root) and permissions (rwx) on both servers.

And I tried substituting the actual password for "-p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`"

Well, I guess something in the file got corrupted in the migration. I replaced the script with a copy from my computer, and now it works. Sorry for the trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back