• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

MySQL db backup script not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanC@

Basic Pleskian
Hi! This is on a CentOS 7.1, Plesk 12. New.

On Plesk 10.4 I had a script that backed up my MySQL databases separately. The script doesn't work now. I get an error:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)​

Do I need to do something different with this new "MariaDB" thing?

Here's the script:

DB_BACKUP="/pat/to/databackup/`date +%Y-%m-%d`"
DB_USER="admin"
DB_PASSWD="-p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`"
HN=`hostname | awk -F. '{print $1}'`

# Create the backup directory
mkdir -p $DB_BACKUP

# Remove backups older than 10 days
find /var/www/vhosts/insightplanners.com/docs/databackup/ -maxdepth 1 -type d -mtime +10 -exec rm -rf {} \;

# Backup each database on the system using a root username and password
for db in $(mysql --user=$DB_USER --password=$DB_PASSWD -e 'show databases' -s --skip-column-names|grep -vi information_schema);
do mysqldump --user=$DB_USER --password=$DB_PASSWD --opt $db | gzip > "$DB_BACKUP/mysqldump-$HN-$db-$(date +%Y-%m-%d).gz";

Have you tried to check your connection with

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

Does it work?

Yes, and from that I get:

MariaDB [(none)]>

I can do all things MySQL from the command line, and all scripts are working on dozens of domains.

Thanks for your reply.

And the script, "mysql_backup.sh," is in the same directory (/usr/local/bin) and has the same owner (root) and permissions (rwx) on both servers.

And I tried substituting the actual password for "-p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`"

Well, I guess something in the file got corrupted in the migration. I replaced the script with a copy from my computer, and now it works. Sorry for the trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back