• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL freezing everyday

Hello

The issue has not yet been resolved and swsoft has become completely unresponsive on this issue,

Exactly the same thing has been happening to all of us here,

Regards

Does anybody have a cure yet?

Since 8-1-2006 i have the same problems: MySQL freezing.

- Sometimes the plesk-mysql and sometimes customer-mysql
- When plesk-mysql freezing: most of the services are down
- When customer-mysql freezing: only php+mysql sites are down
- Sometimes when I run statistics
- Sometimes when I run nothing

I made this script to check repair mysql as one of you described in this topic

mysqlcheck.bat:

cd\
cd Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL\bin
mysqlcheck -uadmin -ppassword -P 8306 -A -r -o

cd\
cd Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\bin
mysqlcheck -uadmin -ppassword -P 3306 -A -r -o
I'm not sure yet this script helps solving the problem.

HARDWARE:
- Dell PowerEdge 1850
- Intel Xeon 3Ghz/2MB cache, 800FSB processor
- 2GB memory
- 2 x 73GB SCSI Ultra320, 10.000rpm hot-swap hdd's
- SCSI RAID mirror

SOFTWARE:
- Windows Server 2003 SP1
- Plesk 7.5.6
- ODBC driver MyODBC-standard-3.51.9-win.exe

PLESK COMPONENTS:
- Antivirus ClamAV 0.88
- Microsoft SQL Server 8.00.194
- MySQL 4.1.12
- BIND DNS Server 9.2.4
- Windows Firewall Service Pack 1
- FTP Server Microsoft FTP Server 6.0
- Java JDK 1.5
- Apache Tomcat 5.5.4 (service stopped: component not in use AND BECAUSE IT FREEZES THE SERVER AFTER THREE DAYS)
- MailEnable Standard 1.8
- QoS Packet Scheduler 5.2.3790.1830
- Plesk Agent 1.4.0.0
- ASP 6.0.3790.1830
- ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0
- ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
- Perl v5.8.6 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
- PHP 4.3.11 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Mar 30 2005 17:34:09)
- Python 2.4.3
- SSI 6.0.3790.1830
- SiteBuilder for Windows 1.2.0
- SpamAssassin 2.64
- ASP.NET Enterprise Manager 0.1.3
- phpMyAdmin 2.6.0-pl3
- AWStats 6.3 (build 1.800)
- Webalizer V2.01-10 (CYGWIN_NT-5.2 1.5.12(0.116/4/2))
- SSL Wrapper stunnel 4.07 (service stopped: component not in use)
- Horde IMP H3 (4.0.1)
- Microsoft FrontPage 5.0.2.5012
- Microsoft IIS 6.0 duh :p

I use the default out-of-the-box config file for both MySQL databases.

please help me :)

after my update of plesk to version 7.5.6. the problem is not 100% solved, but i can run Statistics and backup during the moment the server is not heavily used.

Although the problem remains. There are times that i can run statistics without any problem.
It seems that the problem is somewhere in Mysql, because when i start Pleskbackup of mysqlfront, mysql will freeze (customer side) so websites using mysql willnot work. When users create tables in mysql, it sometimes crashes.

It looks that there are tables that disturbs the process in Mysql and makes it freeze.

I really wishes that someone could solve this.

Bad news. That's ugly MySQL bug (that affects both Plesk and user MySQL instances):

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=12071

Only these who upgraded to MySQL 5.0.X have possibility to upgrade to 5.0.18 (but without any support from SWsoft, as MySQL 5 is not oficially supported yet).

4.X branch has the bug fixed in 4.1.17 only, but it's not released yet. Upgrade both MySQL servers to 4.1.16 version decreased probability of the issue. But it still occurs from time to time. We were able to reproduce the problem with 4.1.13 on 80 tables, but were not able with 4.1.16 - and anyway MySQL stuck with the same symptoms again a hour ago

Hopefully, MySQL 4.1.17 will be released soon - as we continue to loose clients.

Thanks

I have installed MySQL 4.1.12 on the server. Is it advisable to update to 4.1.16 ?

Update is possible but the old version should be deinstalled before.

When can we expect an update from Sw-Soft ?

Due to the hangups customers are leaving it would be good to get an update in short notice so problem will be solved.

The upgrade decreased a bit frequency of hangups, but didn't solve the problem.

Regarding upgrade itself - we just replaced binaries in both MySQL installs to new ones.

I'm not assosiated with Plesk dev/support team in any way- so don't know anything about update from SWsoft. Howbeit, that's not SWsoft problem - that's MySQL problem, and till 4.1.17 version is not released - SWSoft can do nothing.

Oke finally there is a light at the end of a tunnel.

Let's say it's a small step for the mysql programmers, but a giant leap for webhosters. ;)

Let's hope that the end of the problem is in sight.

We are running Plesk 7.54 and we where having the same problem where the Plesk MySQL service or the Client MySQL service would freeze resulting in our sites freezing as well. When you tried to browse a site you would wait until it timed out.

In event manager we discovered errors of the nature that the "MySQL service has been restarted (3) times" sometimes referring to the Plesk SQL service. The number of times it was restarted varies.

We managed to locate the problem was a script running mysqldump to dump all the databases twice a day. The problem was mysqldump. Every time the websites started timing out Plesk would not pick up that there was something up with the Plesk SQL or MySQL service. Trying to stop these from the Plesk control panel on the server was fruitless. You had to go in to Task manager stop the mysqld-nt.exe processes ( both of them). Only then will Plesk pick up that they are down and you can restart them from the panel. All is OK after that. However we noticed whenever this happened a mysqldump.exe process was running as well.

A little research and someone suggested that the MySqldump was running with a mysql user who did not have sufficient priviledges. Go to http://bugs.mysql.com/ and do a search for "mysqldump crash" or click here
in particular bug 16516. However running mysqldump with an account with all priviledges still did not work. In the end we stopped running the backup script and now use Navicat to backup our databases arcoding to a schedule.

The frequency of crashes is down but now we have discovered that Plesk itself runs mysqldump.exe from time to time and almost always it freezes the sites. We are trying to find out where and how Plesk is running mysqldump.

To fix this though I suspect you may need to update to the latest Plesk, or reinstall MySQL on Plesk with the latest stable (do at your own risk, research it well ahead of time)

I know this is quite a bit of info I hope it is of help to those of you experiencing the same problem.

I was experiencing constant 93% CPU usage from Mysqld-nt.exe, and then bumped up my my.ini setttings, using the 'Large' example .ini found in the Mysql dir as a basis.

It still spikes occaisonally, but only to 50% or so, and no longer hits the roof and stays there.

I suggest making sure your my.ini reflects your RAM/system setup better.

Now can someone tell me why I cant delete/create a site in the Plesk control panel? On the FTP and Services setup screen, upon submit the browser progress bar goes to 50% and freezes.

I have tried everything I can think of.. I spent 6 hours yesterday just trying to bring a domain online for a client, this is silly.

solved

Solved.

I have got same peoblem but, we solved it .

firstly uninstall mysql which is comming with plesk .
but firstly backup c:/programfiles/swsoft/plesk/databases/mysql/data folder.
then download a normal mysql (external from mysql ) it can be 4.0.25 - 4.1 - 5.0.14 nt then install it.
restore data folder to it's data folder.

We have got 11 windows machine and many of them has got this problem . but now they had been solved. over 12 days we didn't reboot any of them .

but if you will install 5.0.14 nt . some problems can be occur. for example when you restore old mysql dbs to the new one. it will get problems about some tables.

Regards From Turkiye
Uzak software & computing systems co. ltd.
Remotemach.com

I think it cant be 4.0 or 4.1 or 5.x.

If your databases are in 4.1 format, installing a 4.0 version wouldnt work, would it?

And while this is a bug in 4.1.16 and below, we have no chance but to wait for 4.1.17 which that bug is fixed in. (as 4.1 users)

I noticed that MYSQL has released 4.1.18.

Looking at all the problems with the installed version 4.1.14 in Plesk i sure hope that we will get an update very soon.

I've updated mysql to 4.1.18 without breaking anything (well.. so far..) It seems to work fine now

This solution really works.

If you replace users and plesk mySQL databases with new 4.1.18 the problem is gone.

Thank you all

Adriano Gale Dal Prá

I updated the Users to 4.1.18.

It workes ! Now i also have to update the Pleskmysql . Is that the same workaround... yust replace excisting mysql files (except databases and ini files ?)

This didn't clear this issue for me. I still have MySQL crashing daily even with the new MySQL version and a new my.ini file as suggested.

Any further ideas?

are you sure that you're using the correct version of mysql? did you check the version in PLESK -> components Management?

4.1.18 really works.. never had this issue after the upgrade

Back