• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mysql is dead

jorfermo

Regular Pleskian
Hi.

Hi have P7.5 running but suddenly something seems to have happened to mysql.

I've I try to create databases it shows: "Unable to create database: Run-time error: Failed to connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL on 'localhost' (10061)"

Under mysql database administration on control panel appears a yellow icon and shows: "database is not running or l/p are incorrect".

Seems mysql is not running but I don't know how to fix it.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

There must be somethign wrong because in database administration panel, mysql is pointing to localhost:3306 instead of 10061

On this page( server>databases>mysql) you have set valid mysql credentials. IF you don' know them you can open %plesk_dir%\databases\mysql\data\my.ini file, set there "skip-grant-tables" otpion, restart mysql, login there without any password and update password for admin(root) user, then remove skip-grant-tables option , restart mysql again and enter updated credentils to plesk.

P.S. 10061 isn't port number, but mysql error number that menas access denied.

Thanks for your reply.

I think credentials are ok because I haven't changed it.

Problem must be with mysql not running. I've checked with netstat and telnet and port 3306 is not opened. Another clue is in this page: Server -> Component Managment, under the row "SQL Servers" only appears MSSSQL.

How can I test if mysql is running?. Does it run as windows service?

I answer myself.

I've located MySQL service but if I try to start it it deads after 3 or 4 seconds. This is the output of <server>.err file:

InnoDB: Error: log file .\ib_logfile0 is of different size 0 10485760 bytes
InnoDB: than specified in the .cnf file 0 25165824 bytes!
050707 12:20:54 [ERROR] Can't init databases
050707 12:20:54 [ERROR] Aborting

050707 12:20:54 [Note] C:\Archivos de programa\SWsoft\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\bin\mysqld-nt: Shutdown complete

Any idea?

It seems ibdata corrupted. Try to stop MySQL and rename files ib_logfile0, ib_logfile1 and ibdata1. Then start MySQL and look if it works.

Back