• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Mysql is down

iceman333

Basic Pleskian
MySQL Community Server 5.7.16 is not running Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS

I have tried to make the update on Onyx. It was canceled because of errors. Have then tried as in other post to correct the error. The mysql server can not be started. I can not start the repair. What can I do to make the error.

Need urgent help. Thank you in advance

Gr Wolfgang

Attachments

• parallels-installation-log(1).txt
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
root@:~# plesk repair -y
PleskDBException: Unable to connect to database: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock (Error code: 2002). Please check that database server is started and accessible.
file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Application/Abstract.php
line: 69
code: 0
trace: #0 /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-common/AbstractCu.php(1640): CommonPanel_Application_Abstract::initDbAdapter()
#1 /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/CliUtilityRunner.php(21): AbstractCu::initDb()
#2 /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/CliUtilityRunner.php(64): CliUtilityRunner->run()
#3 /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/repair.php(4): require_once(string '/opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/CliUtilityRunner.ph p')

[2016-11-08 22:05:06] DEBUG [util_exec] [58224c122a62e] Starting: send-error-report /opt/psa/admin/bin/send-error-report
[2016-11-08 22:05:06] DEBUG [util_exec] [58224c122a62e] Finished in 0.00326s, Result: TRUE
Unable to connect to database: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock (Error code: 2002). Please check that database server is started and accessible.

exit status 1

This is the error in repair

I mean the mysql. error .Or where else should I look.

There is enough free space on the plate is only 20% .
I have tried everything. I can not get him to run. Can not run autoinstaller. Stops because mysql is not available.

Log file location specified in my.cnf file. For example:

# cat /etc/mysql/my.cnf | grep log_error
log_error = /var/log/mysql/error.log

Try to fix your MySQL server with

# mysql_upgrade -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

After that try to starat it and check logs for possible error messages.

@iceman333, I suppose you've upgraded your MySQL from system 5.5 to 5.7, but didn't adapt its configuration?

Try removing the key_buffer=16M option(s) from /etc/mysql/my.cnf

Please also read MySQL upgrade guide very carefully.

i have tried whis force

mysql_upgrade -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` --force
mysql_upgrade: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
mysql_upgrade: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through sock et '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) while connecting to the MySQL server
Upgrade process encountered error and will not continue.

Back