1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

mysql java connection problem using plesk

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ramesh, Apr 18, 2006.

1. ramesh

ramesh Guest

Hi all,

I am trying to move my java web application into new hosting area.

I have uploaded the .war file using plesk 7.5.4, which uses database connection of the same machine.

The database 'test_db' has been created in new hosting area using 'phpmyadmin' web tool of PLESK, the details are,

1. 'test_db' - database name
    2. 'tester' - user name
    3. 'setpass' - password

The DBConnection of my java application details are,

theConnection = DriverManager.getConnection( "jdbc:mysql://99.99.99.99:3306/test_db?user=tester&password=setpass" );

When evey my application try to talk with my data 'test_db' database, I am getting the following error message.

http://domainname:9080/application/...n:?code=1003&exception=java.sql.SQLException: [^] Unable to connect to any hosts due to exception: java.net.SocketException: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 99.99.99.99:3306 connect,resolve).

Upon researching this, I came to know that, 'test_db' database user 'tester' does not has the access privilege to talk with database.

At this case, I tried to run the following script for authentication.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON test_db.* to tester@'%' IDENTIFIED by 'setpass';

Or, the hosting plople only has to run the above command. or please make sure, am I going in wrong direction.

plesse help me!

Thank you,
    Ramesh