• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mysql java connection problem using plesk

R

ramesh

Hi all,

I am trying to move my java web application into new hosting area.

I have uploaded the .war file using plesk 7.5.4, which uses database connection of the same machine.

The database 'test_db' has been created in new hosting area using 'phpmyadmin' web tool of PLESK, the details are,

1. 'test_db' - database name
2. 'tester' - user name
3. 'setpass' - password

The DBConnection of my java application details are,

theConnection = DriverManager.getConnection( "jdbc:mysql://99.99.99.99:3306/test_db?user=tester&password=setpass" );

When evey my application try to talk with my data 'test_db' database, I am getting the following error message.

http://domainname:9080/application/...n:?code=1003&exception=java.sql.SQLException: [^] Unable to connect to any hosts due to exception: java.net.SocketException: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 99.99.99.99:3306 connect,resolve).

Upon researching this, I came to know that, 'test_db' database user 'tester' does not has the access privilege to talk with database.

At this case, I tried to run the following script for authentication.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON test_db.* to tester@'%' IDENTIFIED by 'setpass';

Or, the hosting plople only has to run the above command. or please make sure, am I going in wrong direction.

plesse help me!

Thank you,
Ramesh

Back