• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mysql not working since upgrade

R

rookie00

i upgrade to mysql from 3.23 to 4.1.20 lastnight and all was working before i upgrade. but now i am getting a mysql error.
i am using fedora 2, plesk 7.5.4. i also tried to restart mysql but when i try it says it failed to restart. anyway i can fix this.

Mysql Error : Connection Error
Error Number: 2002 Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

any suggestion please. thanks

Did you verify that no mysql processes were running? Is the /var/lib/mysql directory owned by the mysql user and mysql group? All of the files should also be owned by mysql.

chown -R mysql:mysql /var/lib/mysql

You can also verify the settings that mysqld would use for startup by running "mysqld --verbose --help".

You may need to set the "old-passwords" option in the my.cnf file -- unless you have dealt with that problem as well. I have 5 different versions of mysql installed, but they are all in different paths with independent UNIX sockets and mysql data directories.

Originally posted by wagnerch
Did you verify that no mysql processes were running? Is the /var/lib/mysql directory owned by the mysql user and mysql group? All of the files should also be owned by mysql.

chown -R mysql:mysql /var/lib/mysql

You can also verify the settings that mysqld would use for startup by running "mysqld --verbose --help".

You may need to set the "old-passwords" option in the my.cnf file -- unless you have dealt with that problem as well. I have 5 different versions of mysql installed, but they are all in different paths with independent UNIX sockets and mysql data directories.
i tried all ur suggestion except the one that check the settings seems like that's a bad command and it still doesn't work.
i did a "service mysql start" and says mysql:unrecognize service. also i check mysql.sock and it says "unknown file size".
is there a way i can go back to 3.23 and start over again.

Back