• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mysql problem (database import)

B

Brummbaer76

Hi I have some problems with mysql.

I has saved some mysql databases from my old webserver (with phpmyadmin)
(Filename = xxx.sql.gz).

i can´t copy the database to my new webserver.

dataimport (phpmyadmin)

Their SQL instruction was successfully implemented:
Contents of your file were inserted. (79 instructions)

but the database are not added

Your .gz file probably doesn`t (and probably shouldn`t) contain the create database statement.

Create the database in Plesk, then create a username/password via the 'Add' button. When you're returned to the database screen, click the DB WebAdmin button. A phpMyAdmin window will open up. Click on your database name on the left, then click on the SQL 'tab' and import your .gz file.

When I try to import a database from mysqladmin, i get an error. and at the main page it says "no Privlage" in italics. When i create a username in plesk for a database called dotnetnuke does that create a user in mysql or do i have to somewhere create a username to have privlages for mysql. I think when i make a database User for mysql. that user is created in mysql too. right or wrong? But long story short. I cannot query any database or import a database.sql file. what am i doing wrong here?

-Jeff

Yes, a user is created within MySQL.

Check out your other recent post regarding MySQL for more help. My reply there pretty much just said to make sure there aren`t any CREATE DATABASE statements in your .sql file.

Is it giving any specific errors after attempting import? Or is it simply going back to the main screen without a word?

Back