• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question MySQL Remote Access

BNO

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.55_build1800230907.05 os_Ubuntu 20.04
Hi,

is it safe/secure to enable mysql remote access? I need it for a Docker Container to connect to Domains Database.
or it is better to leave it deactivaed because of security reasons?

I can strict it to docker ip

I see docker bypass the plesk firewall, so it's unsecure to use docker, right?

No, it is not unsecure. I know the Uservoice request, but it's much less risk than what it sounds. The point is: When there is no service on a port, data packets addressed to that port will be discarded anyway.

Reactions: BNO
the idea already came to me. on another plesk server i installed it directly without docker. but i need pwpush for a customer, thats in a docker container with webservice... thats my problem.

My question was directed to a different thought: What security problem do you actually see? Can you give an example for it, please?

i don't know. pwpush starts a webservice, i dont know if it use other ports besinde 80/443. in plesk fail2ban is protecting something. you think its safe to run wppush docker in plesk? i dont want that anyone can hack into the container and can then exploit to the system.

Back