• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mysql root password (port 3306)

T

Togy

What is root password for other mysql that works on 3306? Or how can i set a password? I tried everything but can not connect.

If you have client's mysql service connected to Plesk you can just reset its password. Or look in psa db in misc table there are mysql_admin and mysql_password values.
Otherwise you can reset mysql password:
To reset Mysql admin's pass please follow these steps:
- Stop Mysql service in Administrative tools -> Services
- Start -> Run... -> cmd
- start it manually using this line:
"%plesk_dir%\Databases\Mysql\bin\mysqld-nt.exe" -P3306 --skip-grant-tables
- minimize this windows
- Start -> Run... -> cmd
- connect this mysql instance:
"%plesk_dir%\Databases\Mysql\bin\mysql.exe" -P3306 mysql
- Execute the following query:
mysql> update mysql.user set password=password('new_password') where user='admin';
mysql> exit
- Open Task Manager and terminate mysqld-nt.exe process
- Start Mysql service from Services window
After that you can use this new password in Plesk CP -> Databases -> on Mysql
As server address you can use localhost and 3306 as port
and login/pass will be admin/<password you set before>.

Thank you very much. Now i can see current process list.

cd "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL\bin"
or
cd "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\databases\MySQL\bin"
mysqladmin -uadmin -ppassword -P3306 proc stat

This is the way to reset other mySQL server that plesk connect to, right?

What About Plesk mysql root password?
can I reset it ?

because in the old version of Plesk, I got some problem ,for example, domain still exist in database but not in CP, so I can't create that domain :(

So I have to get how to manage it in order to prevent that problem again

What About Plesk mysql root password? can I reset it ?

Same way...but the port is 8306, service is 'Plesk SQL Server' and path to Plesk SQL is "%plesk_dir%\Mysql\bin"

If I missed something just ask here...

Originally posted by Togy
cd "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL\bin"
or
cd "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\databases\MySQL\bin"
mysqladmin -uadmin -ppassword -P3306 proc stat

...Plesk\databases\MySQL\bin is client's Mysql service
...Plesk\MySQL\bin is Plesk's SQL service

thank you for your response :)

I stop "Plesk SQL Server" and try the command

> mysqld-nt.exe -P8306 --skip-grant-tables

and it display this error

mysqld-nt.exe: Can't change dit to 'C:\Program~1\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL\data\' (errcode :2)
060303 16:19:43 [error] Aborting
060306 16:19:43 [note] mysqld-nt.exe: Shutdown complete

I think this error occur because Plesk did not use that DIR as DB DIR but real DB DIR is 'C:\Program~1\SWsoft\Plesk\App\MySQL\data\mysql\' (default installation)

but I'm not work close to mysql so I don't know how to command mysqld-nt to connect to currect DB dir...

Please suggest me :(

Is it ok to have the client use port 8306

This concerns Windows with Plesk 7.5.6 with the preinstalled mysql 4.1. My problems started when I realized there was no connection to mysql in the plesk control panel. This is pretty much a clean install with no clients yet.

The above comments worked for me to figure out what the login was for mysql admin, but I'm a little confused about the client setup for Plesk. Currently I can't connect at all to mysql on port 3306 (through plesk or through cmd), but it seems to work fine connecting to port 8306 for the client connection as well as the plesk admin connection. I've been changing this in the my.ini file so far.

Even though it seems to work, I'm afraid this is not the correct setup and that I must have made an error somewhere. There seems to be no plain mysql service, just the Plesk SQL Service available

Do I need to configure a mysql client to run on port 3306 for the plesk client connections or is it alright just to have all of the connections go to port 8306? If I need to set up another mysql client, how would I go about that?

Thanks for any help,

Thomas

Answer to my own question

After a great deal of effort I figured out that the hosting company had never installed the client mysql service, and they couldn't figure it out, so I installed it myself. My above post I had hacked out a solution by connecting everything to the Plesk MySQL server which was not a real solution.

Just in case this happens to others here is what I did to install the mysql client server,(if you look at the services and the MySQL server doesn't exist, try this):

In the folder C:\SWsoft\Install\%your plesk build date%\ you will notice two key files. AdminMySQL.msi and ClientMySQL.msi. These are both preconfigured instances of mysql. The AdminMySQL.msi is used exclusively by Plesk to store Plesk's data about clients, users, domains, etc. It installs into the directory C:\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL and runs as Plesk SQL Service in the services panel. The second ClientMySQL.msi installs a fully seperate mysql server in the C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\ directory (or something quite close to that). This is the database that should be used by clients and client applications. Don't bother configuring it as it should already be set up correctly.

It seems to make the server more secure to have them seperate, and would make Plesk easier to upgrade at a later point. The problem with our VPS was that the ClientMySQL.msi installed was never run and the client mysql was never installed. This really confused me. It might be good as well to add the path to the client mysql bin so that it's easier to access.

Hello

I tried following:

1. stopped Mysql Server service
2. mysqld-nt.exe" -P3306 --skip-grant-tables

--> When I run this command in cmd, nothing happens.

3. I minimized the window and tried following command in new cmd: mysql.exe
-P3306 mysql

--> Result: can't connect to mysql: odbc@localhost

What am I doing wrong ?

Still cant get it to work

First off thanks for all the information.. least I feel like I got somewhere!

So I tried doing exactly what was posted in the begining of this post:, even said "query ok, 1 row affected when i modifed the password. I still cant get in! I did this to the client version of mysql under databases\mysql\bin. Does anyone have another ideas? I'm kind of under the gun cause I need to get our database back online its been down for two days. :(

If you have client's mysql service connected to Plesk you can just reset its password. Or look in psa db in misc table there are mysql_admin and mysql_password values.
Otherwise you can reset mysql password:
To reset Mysql admin's pass please follow these steps:
- Stop Mysql service in Administrative tools -> Services
- Start -> Run... -> cmd
- start it manually using this line:
"%plesk_dir%\Databases\Mysql\bin\mysqld-nt.exe" -P3306 --skip-grant-tables
- minimize this windows
- Start -> Run... -> cmd
- connect this mysql instance:
"%plesk_dir%\Databases\Mysql\bin\mysql.exe" -P3306 mysql
- Execute the following query:
mysql> update mysql.user set password=password('new_password') where user='admin';
mysql> exit
- Open Task Manager and terminate mysqld-nt.exe process
- Start Mysql service from Services window
After that you can use this new password in Plesk CP -> Databases -> on Mysql
As server address you can use localhost and 3306 as port
and login/pass will be admin/<password you set before>.

Back