1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Mysql User Limitations

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by queueless, Aug 23, 2006.

1. queueless

queueless Guest

Greetings.

I am currently scripting a migration program to transfer domains to a Plesk 8 Linux system. My problem is that the Plesk MySQL interface is lacking functionality in that it will not allow a common database user among multiple databases. For example:

Originating server:

I have 3 databases

db1
    db2
    db3

I have 1 user that accesses these databases

dbuser

On the Plesk side, I have no option of, say, choosing an already existing user when adding a user to a database. I must have 3 distinct users for each database, which is less than optimal.

Now, I'm fully capable of duplicating the configuration on the backend (i.e. mysql db table); however, these users won't neccessarily be listed as users for secondary databases in the Plesk GUI.

I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts or encountered this problem, or how I might go about solving it.

Additionally, I'm (going to be) using the /usr/local/psa/bin/database to create the databases and users on a mass scale.

Thanks.

2. queueless

queueless Guest

Well it seems this is a common problem with no solution.