• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mysql User Limitations

Q

queueless

Greetings.

I am currently scripting a migration program to transfer domains to a Plesk 8 Linux system. My problem is that the Plesk MySQL interface is lacking functionality in that it will not allow a common database user among multiple databases. For example:

Originating server:

I have 3 databases

db1
db2
db3

I have 1 user that accesses these databases

dbuser

On the Plesk side, I have no option of, say, choosing an already existing user when adding a user to a database. I must have 3 distinct users for each database, which is less than optimal.

Now, I'm fully capable of duplicating the configuration on the backend (i.e. mysql db table); however, these users won't neccessarily be listed as users for secondary databases in the Plesk GUI.

I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts or encountered this problem, or how I might go about solving it.

Additionally, I'm (going to be) using the /usr/local/psa/bin/database to create the databases and users on a mass scale.

Thanks.

Well it seems this is a common problem with no solution.

Back