• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySql won't start on embedded sata raid

X

x75

Hi there,

Here's my setup:
HP Proliant 110 G3 Server
2 GB Ram
2x200 GB Raid-1 on embedded SATA Controller
Windows 2003 Web Edition (clean install)

I'm trying to install Plesk 7.0.3. The install works fine, but after the first reboot the MySql Service won't start anymore. Every time I try to start it, I get an entry in the servername.err file in my data folder, which tells me that there was an operating system error 87.
After testing around for a while I found that it has some thing to do with my sata raid. When I install the MySql Server to an external USB hard drive everything works fine. My guess is, that InnoDB does some kind of direct disk io, which does not work with my SATA controller.
Is there any thing I could do to make it run? Maybe some setting that need to be changed?

Thanks for any help
Johannes

MySQL of Plesk 7.0 is very old. Also it is not InnoDB.
It is better for you to install 7.5
also you may upgrade MySQL
http://kb.swsoft.com/article_147_1077_en.html
But befor it you should check event log for MySQL errors. Probably raid has registered some names in system for example tmp. It may not allow MySQL to create it's tables structure.

Back