• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Help for beginner

ykucuk

New Pleskian
Hello
I am having some difficulty with my server configuration and could use your expertise.
Despite having multiple disks on my server, I can only use one 960 GB SSD NVMe due to the setup.
  1. How can I use all of my disks in Plesk?
  2. Can I host some of my websites on the SATA disk?
  3. If the first two options are not possible, can I group all of my disks together to increase my total HDD capacity to approximately 14 TB?
I've recently started working with Plesk and Linux and lack experience. I am open to hiring someone for their expert support on this matter.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Best regards,

Server Configuration:
Software:
  • Debian
  • Plesk
Hardware:
  • CPU: AMD Epyc 7313 - 16c/32t - 3 GHz/3.7 GHz
  • RAM: 128 GB ECC 3200 MHz
Data disks:
  • 2x 960 GB SSD NVMe
  • 2x 6 TB HDD SATA
Soft RAID

1) Trivial, answered through (2) and (3)
2) No, you cannot host only part of the /var/www/vhosts/ path on disk A and another part on disk B.
3) Yes, by creating a RAID 0, stripe set. But this also means that if one disk fails, all data will be lost.

Reccomendation: Leave /boot, operating system and the MySQL (or MariaDB) service as is on the SSD disk. Migrate the website files in /var/www/vhosts to a new directory on your SATA disks. https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...ge-virtual-hosts-location-in-Plesk-for-Linux-

Please do not attempt to move the database server out of its original location. It will cause lots of issues. Please also do not do the stripe set configuration. It is not suited for your disk setup anyway.

1) Trivial, answered through (2) and (3)
2) No, you cannot host only part of the /var/www/vhosts/ path on disk A and another part on disk B.
3) Yes, by creating a RAID 0, stripe set. But this also means that if one disk fails, all data will be lost.

Reccomendation: Leave /boot, operating system and the MySQL (or MariaDB) service as is on the SSD disk. Migrate the website files in /var/www/vhosts to a new directory on your SATA disks. https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...ge-virtual-hosts-location-in-Plesk-for-Linux-

Please do not attempt to move the database server out of its original location. It will cause lots of issues. Please also do not do the stripe set configuration. It is not suited for your disk setup anyway.

I am grateful for the proposed solution. However, as I mentioned earlier, I need to gain experience in this field, and I am pretty hesitant to perform this operation on a live server.

Please advise where I might find a professional to perform this task on my behalf.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

Hello this is Gulshan Negi
Well, To increase your total HDD capacity, you can consider setting up a RAID configuration. Linux supports a variety of RAID levels for the implementation of soft RAID, such as RAID 0 or RAID 1. However, in order to avoid data loss or misconfiguration, it is recommended to seek assistance from an experienced system administrator because setting up RAID requires careful planning and configuration.
Thanks

Back