• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mysql,

T

tiziano

Hallo, i must install the mysql on the plesk 6.5 or not, i suppose that it's just install...
Thank's very much

tiziano

No you don't have to, the plesk installer will do it for you.

use the 6.5.1 installer if possible directly it works quite well.

ok, but how can i do to active the mysql, i have look that i must install the odbc driver for windows???
tiziano

You do not need ODBC to utilize MySQL. Most website applications don't use ODBC to access MySQL. It is already installed on the system and functioning if Plesk is functioning and it uses this for it's own database.

To create MySQL Databases for a domain simply go to the database section of the domain and create a database, there is a drop down list if you have the MSSQL component allowing you to choose either MySQL or MSSQL. You can then create users for the database and access PHP MyAdmin through the same area.

MySql connection string

I am trying to set up Snitz forums on a domain with mysql. I have created the empty Database and a user for it in Plesk. My problem is that the connection strings do not seem to find the database.

This is the first mysql db I have tried to set up. Is their something Plesky I need to consider in setting it up?

Do I need a path to the Database for the following string(s)?

String1:
strConnString = "driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};option=4;server=localhost;user=forum;password=password;DATABASE=VWForum;" '##MySQL w/ MyODBC v3.51

String2: strConnString= "driver=MySQL;server=localhost;uid=forum;pwd=password;database=VWForum" '## MySQL w/ MyODBC v2.50

Snitz Error:
The database could not be opened !!
Check your config.asp file and set the
strConnString so it points to the database.
Also check if strDBType is set to the right databasetype.

Code : 80004005

Error Description :
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

hey HisNibs, did you manage to find the right connection string to connect to mysql with asp?

Back