• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Mysqldump performance degradition

mavera2

Basic Pleskian
Inside my cronjobs I make a full mysqldump every night.
My database has total 1.5GB data inside 20 tables.
Nearly every table has indexes.

I make backup like this:

mysqldump --user=user--password=pass--default-character-set=utf8 database| gzip > "$mybackupfile"

I make this for 2 months. This process takes nearly 1,5 minutes for 2 months.

Last week my hosting company changed my server. Just after the server change, this process started to long for 5 minutes. I told this to server company and they increased my CPU from 4GHz to 6 GHz so mysqldump process became 3,5 minutes. Then they increased to 12 GHz. But this didn't change the performance.

I checked my shared SSD disk performance with `hdparm`. It was 70 MB/sec. So I complain again. So they changed my hard disk to another one. Hard disk read speed became 170 MB/sec. So mysqldump process became 3 minutes.

But the duration is far from the previous value. What would be the cause for this performance degradion ? How can I isolate the problem ?

(Server is Plesk 11.5, Centos 6.4, 12 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM)

Back