• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

named.exe unexpected error

A

aldop

Hi,
I am running plesk panel 10 using windows server 2008 R2 x64 and this day all websites under my server can not be accessed. when i open event viewer i got this error
source : named
.\socket.c:2420: unexpected error:
then i restart the DNS Server > Name Server from PP SMB Service Monitor and everything seems ok now.
would you like to help me explaining what just happened and how to prevent that problem

thanks

What Plesk version do you have? Is this upgrade or clean installation?
As workaround - you can try to switch to Microsoft DNS server instead of Bind.

i'm using Parallels Panel 10.0, i am using clean installation. this is the first time i got that error and i hope that error does not show up again

If you don't have this problem now, lets assume this was temporary reliability bug in ISC Bind.

Hi,
today I'm facing the same error, these are some error log from windows event viewer. I'm using windows server 2008 r2 standard 64bit and parallel plesk panel 10.0

The description for Event ID 1 from source named cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

.\socket.c:2420: unexpected error:

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table
----------------------------------
The description for Event ID 1 from source named cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

SOCKET_RECV ERROR_HOST_UNREACHABLE: trying to recover

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table
-----------------------------------

.\socket.c:781: unexpected error:

----------------------------------

WSARecvFrom WSAENETRESET: trying to recover

----------------------------

UDP client handler shutting down due to fatal receive error: unexpected error

-----------------------------
Please help
thanks

Hi,
Today I'm facing this error again. Please help me. Here is the screenshot
plesk-error.png
. Is there any way to solve this problem instead of restarting the DNS ?

I have the same problem, did you solve it? how? please i need help too

yes we still got this problem maybe once in 3 months, no solution you just need to restart the dns server

Back