• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

nameserver problem

B

Beto

I'm having problems with the nameserver since I've upgraded to the latest version of plesk.

It's not a big problem but if someone has an answer, it will save me some time :)

When creating a domain in plesk the nameserver is corrupt, if I do a nslookup on the server for that domain I get the message "server fail". After reconfiguring the domain (with the tool "websrvmng") and restart named everything is working fine.

What sometimes also is helping is restoring DNS via the Plesk control panel.

any ideas how to fix this?

please list reconfigure command your using for websrvmng

Thanks

I am having the same problem after update 8.0.x to 8.1.0.

Can you please describe at least how to make domains work manually. I have two servers and both of them had the same problem you described. After I let swsoft tech-support into the first server they solved the problem. They said some domains did not resolve because I didn't have line
nameserver 127.0.0.1
in /etc/resolv.conf

I fixed it on the second server but the problem stil persists, so I guess there's something else they forgot to mention. Email already sent to them, I hope they will reply fast.

plesk provides a tool to reconfigure your domains.
just run that tool...

it's in: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/
and then you can choose to reconfigure all domains or just one: ./websrvmng --reconfigure-all

then just restard de nameserver: /etc/rc.d/init.d/named restart

unfortunately it didn't help in my case. I reconfigured only one domain by

./websrvmng --reconfigure-host --vhost-name=domain.tld

restarted bind but still with

nslookup domain.tld ns1.mynameserver.tld

still shows me
- H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
- I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
- J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
- K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
- L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
- M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
- A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
- B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
- C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
- D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
as reply from my nameserver

And if you login to plesk , go to the domain -> DNS and try to restore the DNS?

it doesn't help. the same problem after recreating domain, restoring dns, editing dns manually etc.

My problem was solved today by SWSOFT tech guys.

Looks like after update named didn't overwrite
/var/lib/named/etc/named.conf

with
/etc/named.conf

so .include files were'not loading but only old domains created before the update. So in my case it was enough to overwrite files as written above (just overwrite /etc/named.conf to /var/lib/named/etc/named.conf in my case and restart named).

Check it, maybe you have exactly the same problem. I had it on two separate servers running SLES9 after 8.0->8.1 update.

Back