1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

nameserver problem

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Beto, Jan 27, 2007.

  1. Beto

    Beto Guest

    0
     
    I'm having problems with the nameserver since I've upgraded to the latest version of plesk.

    It's not a big problem but if someone has an answer, it will save me some time :)

    When creating a domain in plesk the nameserver is corrupt, if I do a nslookup on the server for that domain I get the message "server fail". After reconfiguring the domain (with the tool "websrvmng") and restart named everything is working fine.

    What sometimes also is helping is restoring DNS via the Plesk control panel.

    any ideas how to fix this?
     
  2. chulbert

    chulbert Guest

    0
     
    please list reconfigure command your using for websrvmng

    Thanks
     
  3. gbguy

    gbguy Guest

    0
     
    I am having the same problem after update 8.0.x to 8.1.0.
    OS: SuSe SLES9.

    Can you please describe at least how to make domains work manually. I have two servers and both of them had the same problem you described. After I let swsoft tech-support into the first server they solved the problem. They said some domains did not resolve because I didn't have line
    nameserver 127.0.0.1
    in /etc/resolv.conf

    I fixed it on the second server but the problem stil persists, so I guess there's something else they forgot to mention. Email already sent to them, I hope they will reply fast.
     
  4. Beto

    Beto Guest

    0
     
    plesk provides a tool to reconfigure your domains.
    just run that tool...

    it's in: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/
    and then you can choose to reconfigure all domains or just one: ./websrvmng --reconfigure-all

    then just restard de nameserver: /etc/rc.d/init.d/named restart
     
  5. gbguy

    gbguy Guest

    0
     
    unfortunately it didn't help in my case. I reconfigured only one domain by

    ./websrvmng --reconfigure-host --vhost-name=domain.tld

    restarted bind but still with

    nslookup domain.tld ns1.mynameserver.tld

    still shows me
    - H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
    - I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
    - J.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
    - K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
    - L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
    - M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
    - A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
    - B.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
    - C.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
    - D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
    as reply from my nameserver
     
  6. Beto

    Beto Guest

    0
     
    And if you login to plesk , go to the domain -> DNS and try to restore the DNS?
     
  7. gbguy

    gbguy Guest

    0
     
    it doesn't help. the same problem after recreating domain, restoring dns, editing dns manually etc.
     
  8. gbguy

    gbguy Guest

    0
     
    My problem was solved today by SWSOFT tech guys.

    Looks like after update named didn't overwrite
    /var/lib/named/etc/named.conf

    with
    /etc/named.conf

    so .include files were'not loading but only old domains created before the update. So in my case it was enough to overwrite files as written above (just overwrite /etc/named.conf to /var/lib/named/etc/named.conf in my case and restart named).

    Check it, maybe you have exactly the same problem. I had it on two separate servers running SLES9 after 8.0->8.1 update.
     
  9. Beto

    Beto Guest

    0
     
    I will try it asap and give some feedback ;-)
     
Loading...