• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Nameserver question

Bastiaan

New Pleskian
Hello,

iam kinda stuck with my nameservers. for my dedicated server i have 2 ip addresses.
lets say ip one is 1.2.3.4 and ip two is 6.7.8.9

now i setup my whole dns template in plesk.

ns1.domain.com A 1.2.3.4
ns2.domain.com A 6.7.8.9

domain.com ns ns1.domain.com
domain.com ns ns2.domain.com

my registrar is Goddady its pointing to the 2 name servers and the host option is pointing to the 2 ips

if i ping the 2 name servers i do get a response back so they do work.

Now my problem is i go to IE and type ns1.domain.com i do get my website
if i type ns2.domain.com i get the Web Server's Default Page...

in plesk the website is setup as : Website at httpdocs/ IP address: 1.2.3.4 System user: *****

How can i get it done that my ns2.domain.com also responds to my website?

The symptoms are probably not caused by name serving that is also linked with the domains. Think of the two subdomains of two independent domains and create an independent subscription for each of them (having both of them in the same subscription does not allow you to assign different IP addresses to them). For the subscription you can set the IP address on that a subscription shall react to incoming requests. Choose 1.2.3.4 for the ns1.domain.com subscription and 6.7.8.9 for the ns2.domain.com subscription. If you wish ns2.domain.com to display the same website as ns1.domain.com, set ns2.domain.com to any redirect configuration of your choice.

Back