• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

NAS Backup

S

stevejac

My linux server has 2 nics, one for public use, and one for private. What I would like to do is setup a small NAS Server on the private network, give it an address like 192.168.1.1 And have my Plesk Server backup to it everynight. Lets say at 3:00 a.m. Now I saw there is a way to do it via FTP, but how do I get it to use the second nic on the private network. I am not worried about traffic, because this wil all be done on the private network.
Thanks
SJ

NFS is your friend. Just set the script to mount the remote share, run the backup, then disconnect it. My backup script was originally setup to do this.

Steve,

how do I get it to use the second nic on the private network

This isn't a Plesk question; more like a general network and linux interface configuration question.

Assuming your "NAS" server is on network 192.168.1.0/24, configure your eth1 (assuming eth1 is your secondary nic) to an IP on that subnet, such as 192.168.1.5 and then configure the nas server to 192.168.1.6. After this is complete, you should be able to ping 192.168.1.6 from the plesk server.

Assuming this works, you can start thinking about the backup method, albeit nfs, ftp, rsync, etc. First get the two servers online on the lan.

Rick

Back