• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved native plesk mysql password

Franco

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
I intended to upgrade my Windows Onyx installation to Obsidian, but the the procedure stopped because the MySQL password is wrong (or does not match something?).
I followed this procedure ERROR PleskMainDBException Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

but I keep getting this error:

"SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) "

I tried several times to set the admin password, which is done successfully, but I am still locked out. I suppose plesk is comparing it with something stored somewhere, but where? What am I doing wrong, please?

In Tools&Settings I have no MySQL database server as I am only running MSSQL databases.

Can you please help.

Best regards

I am still stuck with this problem. What if I try and upgrade to Obsidian with skip-grant-tables and see if the prblem goes away afterwards? Or would I make the matter worse?

If numerous related KB articles and similar cases on this forum do not help you, I advise you to contact Plesk technical support team.

FYI, in the end Plesk Support solved the issue for me and here is what they reported:

"
The issues were resolved.
I reset passwords for PleskSQLServer and MySQL56 as described in the following article - ERROR PleskMainDBException Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
The issue with MySQL 5.6 persisted, as MySQL did not accept the new password for an unknown reason:

mysql> update mysql.user set
mysql> authentication_string=password('***********') where user='admin';
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.05 sec)
Rows matched: 1 Changed: 1 Warnings: 0
mysql> exit;
Bye

((removed skip-grant-tables, restarted)) C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin>mysql.exe -P3306 -uadmin -p Enter password: ************ ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Since there were no databases used by websites, I updated MySQL server to MariaDB 10.3.
That resolved the issue and database server is accessible now.
Please check it on your side and let me know if further assistance is required.
Sincerely,"

Not sure I fully understand it, though.

Back