• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Need beginner’s advice with AH01630: client denied by server configuration

Jack Yan

New Pleskian
Hi there, I’ve been away from Plesk for about 10 years and it seems the knowledge I had then isn’t really applicable today.

I’ve followed the guide and set up some domains. The ones that are operating needed the help of an expert, but I remember I used to be able to do all this myself.

One domain I’ve set up, a very simple site consisting of HTML files with the home page at index.html. I originally used the File Explorer to upload the files but couldn’t get the site to preview. I then used an FTP program to do it again. I’ve tried to use different directories to see if that would get Plesk to pick them up, updating the home directory in the settings to match. But nothing seems to work.

When doing the preview I get a 403 and the logs show:

Error
127.0.0.1AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /vol/jya.co/public_html/

What am I doing wrong? Is there a step I am missing?

I am (obviously) not a computer expert so I’m afraid any advice needs to be at an idiot’s level.

The error message mentions a path /vol/jya.co/public_html/. This does not seem to be the right path. Your website might look in the wrong place for the files.

The default path for a subscription in Plesk is: /var/www/vhosts/<name of the main domain of the subscription>/

The default document root directory is: /var/www/vhosts/<name of the main domain of the subscription>/httpdocs
The document root directory can be changed in the "Web Hosting Settings" of the subscription. Please verify that it is set to httpdocs or that your files are in the path where the document root direct is pointing.

"Access denied" can also result from wrong permissions on the document root. The default directory permissions of the document root directory are group psaserv and user <username of the subscription, e.g. primary ftp user>. The file mode of that directory is 0750. The default directory permissions of the directories that descend from the document root directory are group psacln and user <username of the subscription, e.g. primary ftp user>. Files should have at least 0644 permissions. For testing purposes I recommend to set them to 0755 to make sure that an issue with permissions can clearly be excluded.

Hi Peter, just letting you know eventually I wound up deleting the entry and starting over (and all is well). Thank you. :)

Back