• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Cannot get websites to publish

mindzipper

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.x
I put some placeholders in a couple of websites I set up in Plesk. I've not used this CP for at least ten years, so I'm sure I'm missing something.

When I refresh either domain, I still get the default Plesk page with the 'login' links. But when I click the 'preview' button in the Plesk CP, I see the placeholders correctly.

For simplicity's sake, I just uploaded the files using rz and ssh. Then edited the pages as needed. But no matter what I do, I can't get my live edits to show.

If it matters, I'm using simple index.html for both site placeholders.

IPs cannot be used to access the site unless these are dedicated IPs that are only associated with that very one subscription. Else, on shared IPs, virtual, name based hosting is used. Are your IPs all dedicated and associated with the corresponding subscriptions and domains?

IPs cannot be used to access the site unless these are dedicated IPs that are only associated with that very one subscription. Else, on shared IPs, virtual, name based hosting is used. Are your IPs all dedicated and associated with the corresponding subscriptions and domains?
yes I understand that and used dedicated IPs for both sites. This is just a test before I purchase a license and begin reseller hosting.

My other option is to use cPanel/WHM but I am steering clear and want to use Plesk on Ubuntu

Are the IP addresses configured correctly
a) to really address your physical server
b) as dedicated IPs in the IP address configuration in Tools & Settings
c) as the IP of the subscription in question?

I think this is an awfully difficult workflow you are trying to do. Would it not be much more comfortable to simply set a subdomain, route that to the webspace and to open the sites through that subdomain?

Are the IP addresses configured correctly
a) to really address your physical server
b) as dedicated IPs in the IP address configuration in Tools & Settings
c) as the IP of the subscription in question?

I think this is an awfully difficult workflow you are trying to do. Would it not be much more comfortable to simply set a subdomain, route that to the webspace and to open the sites through that subdomain?
hey if there's an easier way I'm all for it. I just assumed this was easier as I already had 3 unused IP in my pool that weren't being utilized so I attached them all to the server itself, including adding them through the tools and settings section of the configuration of the server

if it's easier to do a different way I'd much rather follow the path of least consistence.

EDIT: I may be outdated but at least basck in the day your IP address had to be unique to apply an SSL cert correct? So I'm using Plesk's links to 'let's encrypt' and the agent to manage this

incase it's not obvious Ive been out of the 'hands on' are with web servers for the last few years. My business partner that handled that since 1999 died and it all fell on my lap

I may be outdated but at least basck in the day your IP address had to be unique to apply an SSL cert correct? So I'm using Plesk's links to 'let's encrypt' and the agent to manage this
Ahw, yes, the good old days. When anything fancy was done in Flash, nothing worked perfectly in all browsers but you where happy when it worked in IE and SSL certificates cost a fortune. And at the end of the month you hoped you're website didn't became to popular, because datatraffic cost was a killer too.

Fortunately, nowadays, there is no restriction on how many SSL certs can be applied to an IP address.

Back