• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Need for Site Membership and membership Granularity

M

mlapl1

I like Sitebuilder for many reasons and I have just started experimenting with it.

Surprisingly though, it has some unexpected weaknesses, for example:

(a) Lack of captcha on forms
(b) Lack of ability to switch comments on and off in the blog
(c) Lack of ability to protect specific pages and areas of the system through Site membership AND sophisticated granularity of membership (such as the availability of arbitrary groups).

These features are available on many systems which come free (as opposed to Plesk which is paying). Plesk does have some nice features which is why I am practising with it but it is difficult to commit long-term to Plesk without these facilities.

Any idea if any of these facilities are to be introduced? I understand that the Blog issue is being considered.

Andrew

Actually, all these features are planned to be added in next Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder releases. Captcha feature already added into Blog or Forum, for example and will be added soon for Feedback form. Rest of the features as Blog comments managing option and protected areas are also planned for the future releases. Unfortunately, can not say anything for sure about future date releases.
Anyway, thank you for your feedback.

Back