• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Need help from experts. server running on nginx 128 gb ecc ram with 1 million visitors per day from 500 wordpress websites. best configuration please?

pleskturbo

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.49_build1800221221.11 os_Ubuntu 20.04
Need help from experts. server running on nginx 128 gb ecc ram with 1 million visitors per day from 500 wordpress websites.
i need all the best configuration please which we can do in plesk so it can handle that amount of traffic?

Hi @pleskturbo, yes, I have seen the post, but an optimization like this is not a trivial task. It involves a lot of elements such as the hardware equipment itself, the network bandwidth and special settings to minimize impact of attacks, maximum number of open file handles on your OS, MariaDB configuration optimization (maybe use MySQL tuner or stay tuned for big news coming from Plesk maybe this year already), moving away from the Nginx/Apache configuration to purely Nginx hosting (can all be done with Plesk), and many more ... It's quite complex and can fill a whole book.

But one thing I can say for sure from experience: It is absolutely possible to run that number of sites, service that number of visitors on a single machine that has Plesk on it, and the sites can still be very fast.

Back