• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Need help: SQLSTATE[08001][Microsoft][ODBC Driver 18 for SQL Server]SSL Provider

samsam

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition Version 18.0.50 Update #2
Hi I need help,
I have added a godaddy ssl for my webpage and it works fine. But I am still getting this message.

Uncaught exception: 'PDOException'

Message: 'SQLSTATE[08001]: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 18 for SQL Server]SSL Provider: [error:0A000086:SSL routines::certificate verify failed:self-signed certificate]'

Dose this have to with the Plesk admin ssl. I don't have any there and its only accessible via VPN localhost.

GoDaddy does not only need the SSL certificate, but also an intermediate certificate. If that is missing, SSL verficiation can fail. Normally you combine these two into a single .pem file (or upload the combined content to the CSR field in Plesk). GoDaddy provides instructions for different operating systems and web servers on their SSL certificate download page.

Hi, thanks for the help. But I am still stuck I am gettings this error.
Uncaught exception: 'PDOException'

Message: 'SQLSTATE[08001]: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 18 for SQL Server]SSL Provider: [error:0A000086:SSL routines::certificate verify failed:self-signed certificate]'

Do you now what else it can be ? Thanks

do I need to install the ssl on ubuntu to ? or is it enoff that I upload it from Plesk only ?
what's the easiest way to reinstall ODBC ?

That's a Microsoft SQL thing. You running Microsoft SQL server on a Linux server? That isn't a standard Plesk deployment for Linux if that's the case, either that you have a separate SLQ server for Microsoft SQL?

In either case, you would want to look at the Microsoft SQL ODBC driver settings and adjust accordingly. I'm not sure what you're trying to do overall which makes it harder to provide a more clear path. All I can say is to google the full error that you got for guides since this isn't Plesk related. For example you can refer to this Microsoft Blog post from last year as a good starting point: ODBC Driver 18.0 for SQL Server Released

Hi, I have an another server that has windows server and a second one that has ubuntu with Plesk install. When I test the connection to the SQL it's finne from another source it works fine. And I have SSL intact on PLESK and it shows perfect score. This is so irritating, don't undertand why it docent work.

Back