• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Need Support for Helicontech APE

Bewenched

New Pleskian
Helicon Ape provides support for Apache .htaccess and .htpasswd configuration files in Microsoft IIS

Works great to disguise ugly urls for websites and makes them more SEO friendly.

Trying to install it with Plesk 12.5 and it's not giving the correct permissions for access to it within iis.

We have an older website that we are moving to godaddy for hosting. All of their websites use Plesk 12.5. Helicontech enables IIS7 to use apache .htaccess files for url rewriting to make our site more SEO friendly.

I had godaddy install helicontech ape on the server however it appears that plesk keeps this module from working. When I RDP into the server to look at the permissions all of the permissions for psadmin are checked to deny access and it's greyed out so that even if we check them to allow access, the deny checkboxes are still checked and does not allow it to function.

Now I know that IIS now has the ability to do url rewriting, but that isn't functioning either. I have notified godaddy of the problem, but they have yet to get back to me with a solution.

Might be late to the game on this one, but you need to modify the root web.config for the domain to get this going. It needs the ape handler added.

I know 100% this works on a Plesk server... I just don't really mess with Windows much to remember the exact details.

Back