• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Need to change listen.owner [php-fpm]

Oshikuru

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I need to change the listen.owner from root to the appropriate user.
So I saw the file "/usr/local/psa/lib/modules/python/phpinimng/phpinimng.py". In this file there is this line:

listen.owner = root

I would like to override root with the user variable, so that in every php-fpm configuration the listen.owner variable has it's own user.
If I would be able to change it here generation of all php-fpm configurations would be correct for our needs. But this is an original Plesk file, so my changes would only remain until the next update of Plesk.

I know that I can change some variables in the file "/var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/conf/php.ini" but unfortunately the function "allowed_overrides" in the file "/usr/local/psa/lib/modules/python/phpinimng/phpinimng.py" does not allow to change "listen. variables".

Does anybody know how to change the listen.owner variable permanently?

Hello,

No way, except fix of phpinimng. But why do you need change the socket owner?

We changed the webserver config a little bit in /opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/ directory so that it is necessary to change the socket owner.
What do you mean with "fix of phpinimng"?

Back