• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Need Urgent Help

NaeemA

New Pleskian
Hello.

I need an urgent help on the following topic. I would appreciate if somebody comes up to me with a solution of it.

I have a Linux Dedicated Server with Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9 installed on it. The total disk space capacity of my Server is 500 GB but due to unknown reasons the Server configuration guy has installed and configured Plesk Panel at /dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root which has a disk space capacity of only 50 GB whereas another volume named as /dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_home has a disk space capacity of 410 GB. As the /dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root capacity was about to consume up. I request my Server providers to let me use that other /dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_home which has a 410 GB capacity. They have done it on a day before yesterday but my customers got into serious problems because of script location changes. I would like to ask if there's any othe way to increase a disk space capacity of /dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root to the maximum so that i could revert back the configuraion which was made a day before yesterday in order to make everything in working order.

Awaiting for your earliest action and update on this matter please.

Naeem

Hello Dmitriy

I have seen your update. But the problem is with that i am totally unaware of the linux command line environment and i cannot perform any action. Can you please do me a favour and write all the SSH commands here which i have to perform in SSH client shell in order to extend the disk space of /dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root to the maximum as it is having only 7 GB space left and i am getting Server Health Monitoring warning about the disk space since afternoon.

Awaiting for your earliest action and update on this matter please.

Naeem

Back