• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

new advertisment in 10.1.1 :(

Here's a novel idea Sergey. Why don't you offer two versions of Plesk? A free ad supported one where you can push all your referral and Plesk product ads and a paid one where you leave it all disabled by default. If an admin wants to enable a product here or there it should be up to them.

Well, i don't understand it at all. We DO pay for Plesk, so why is there advertisement at all? At least, there needs to be an option for the administrator to turn it off. I really mean "off", one button that completely disables advertisements all and everywhere.

Same here, I do not want to see ads in software I pay for and have been for years.
My hosting hardware and those costs are not my software providers resources, they are mine.
If you want to advertise all over the software, then give me two options.

One a simple menu function which allows me to enable or disable any and all advertising.
There are times when it might be ok to offer things to our customers but I want to decide.

Two, pay me a percentage for all of the sales but include option One as well.

Seems fair since I'm already helping to pay your salary, go pay for your own advertising.

PS: I never did get a cut for all of the people I've sent to plesk/parallels over the years either :).

Thank you for the feedback mparadis

Actually for business advertisement (domains, ssl certificates, commercial applications) you can have a percentage from all purchases. And that's what you'd be encouraged to do singing up for your own Parallels Store to control content and pricing offered. Disabling options are yet placed in assorted locations, we'll regroup them eventually and put in one place for higher convenience.

As for controversial "what's new" shown to end-customers, we have eliminated them for a while in 10.2 until we can offer a model better fitting our customers' expectations. I hope it will make things easier for you.

The main idea behind "advertisement" of Sitebuilder/Applications/Domains/SSL was to let our customers do more money with those systems. You can either sign up for our Storefront solution and get it configured for price and content and have additional income for that. Or you can customize URLs to these offers and have them offered from your own site. May be we aren't clear enough about that.

Regards

>Actually for business advertisement (domains, ssl certificates, commercial applications) you can have a
>percentage from all purchases. And that's what you'd be encouraged to do singing up for your own
>Parallels Store to control content and pricing offered. Disabling options are yet placed in assorted
>locations, we'll regroup them eventually and put in one place for higher convenience.

This isn't our focus, we don't do hosting as a core business model so that doesn't work for us. We use plesk as a solution for our own domains, some customer domains, basically, a solution to a need but it's not our main thing. For us, having all this advertising all over the place is something which distracts our users and confuses them as well.

>As for controversial "what's new" shown to end-customers, we have eliminated them for a while in 10.2
>until we can offer a model better fitting our customers' expectations. I hope it will make things easier for you.

I'm happy to hear that parallels does indeed understand this and will be making it easy for it's customers to opt in or out. That would be the right thing to do. People are inundated with advertising, our lives are overly filled with advertising and it's something we try not to have in our services.

>The main idea behind "advertisement" of Sitebuilder/Applications/Domains/SSL was to let our customers
>do more money with those systems. You can either sign up for our Storefront solution and get it

Well, I guess that should be a very clear opt in or out function for these types of things. Not everyone using this product is a reseller, I'm sure many simply use the product because they own/run/maintain many domains along with some customers and don't generally resell to anyone that needs a web site. Besides, unless you're selling thousands and thousands of web sites, is there any money to be made in hosting anymore? I see it for under ten bucks a month everywhere. Seems there's little to be made.

Either way, it's not my business model and I'm sure it's not for many others so I hope you'll make this an option sooner than later since you're aware of it.

Thanks.

Back