• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

new BU utilities - SUCKS

Script

All,

A quick 'script' to handle this:

==
echo Plesk Nightly Backup
echo
/bin/rm -f /home2/pleskbu/dump3
/bin/mv /home2/pleskbu/dump2 /home2/pleskbu/dump3
/bin/mv /home2/pleskbu/dump1 /home2/pleskbu/dump2
cd /home2/pleskbu/
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --all dump1 -verbose
echo
echo Domains Backed Up:
echo
zcat /home2/pleskbu/dump1 | head -c 500000 | egrep '<domain www=' | cut -d \' -f4 | sort -n
echo
echo Backup File Sizes:
echo
du -csh /home2/pleskbu/dump*
echo
echo Backup Complete
==

Notes:

1. /home2 is a second hard drive on the server.
2. Save this into your /etc/cron.daily/<script-name>

Agree. I only use it for 3 website that make a daily backup. The server load goes to 90% when making backups. It crashes any server doesnt matter what.

Re: Plesk 8

Originally posted by JoaoCorreia
Well you shouldn't upgrade to Plesk 8 until after at least 2-3 months when some bugs are solved.

For the upgrade problems I see I think Im going to stick with Plesk 7.5.4 forever.

Regards
Joao Correia
I HATE when people say things like this. When did this become accepted dogma?

Imagine if it were this way with automobiles: "Don't buy a new one unless after 2 or 3 months when 2 or 3 thousand people have been killed in accidents."

Products should be designed to work. Consumers should not be lab rats for the manufacturers.

DC

DC,

you may agree or disagree with what has been said but fact is that since the release of at least 7.5x, every release has had loads of bugs, some of them real show killers for commercial hosters.

I have the luck of running my own server and if I kill the service running on it, it's only my stuff that's affected, nonetheless, it's annoying to no end.

I agree with you that consumers shouldnt be lab rats, sadly though, SW Soft doesnt share that sentiment with us

I didn't say I agreed or disagreed with what he said, I just said that I hated it. I hate it because it implies that people who are upgrading/backing up/etc are stupid for doing so - as if they should know better.

Many people upgrade Plesk for the first time and assume - I think correctly - that their upgrade should work without a hitch. SWSoft offers no warning, such as "this upgrade may or may not work depending on a myriad of technical details, all of which cannot be accounted for".

The onus is on SWSoft to create a stable product or warn the users of instability. It is not our responsibility as users to test, debug, and even FIX their broken software.

DC

they wont do, they will never release a product with a notice of "it may be unstable on upgrades", NOR will NEVER release a program stable. WE ARE like it or not, their lab rats, they reach beta, and release, and let us start reporting bugs as devils becase WE WANT our software working.

remember that SW-Soft all that care about is money, they DO NOT care about our businesses, nor our sake, if we pay, we get patches, but even if we pay WE WONT GET a stable release program.

I know they work, i know their software is great (in fact i love it, to my clients, plesk is far beyond better than other softwares of the like of plesk) but they dont want to pay more betatesters, because "why spend more money on stuff that our clients want it or not will debug and we will eventually fix".

but whatever, this is not a flaming forum, so WE ALREADY KNOW what SW-Soft is, and we all know, (at least i can bet on it) when a new company manages to release a software that works like plesk, but stable, well tested, and more functional, we will start migrating to it, and sw-soft will go down the hill until the ceace to exist.

Back