• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

"New Certificate" page will display saystem files when uploading symbolic link

New Pleskian
Hi there,

because of a mistake on my side, I discovered something that I think is weird; I don't know however if it should be considered as a bug...

Here comes the "header":
=====================
PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk Panel 11.5.30 Update #51, Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS, Kernel 2.6.32, x64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
SSL-Certificate Upload-Page will display some "system" files when uploading a symbolic link

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1) Create a symbolic link "file" to an interesting system file, e.g. "/etc/passwd"
2) Got to Domains->Secure your Site->Add SSL-Certificate
3) Upload the file as Certificate and Private key
4) Ignore the complaint about wrong formatted PEM-File
5) Read the contents of "/etc/passwd" in the Textbox below

ACTUAL RESULT
System file is displayed on the web

EXPECTED RESULT
Error message saying "no symbolic links allowed"
=====================

Fortunately Plesk doesn't run as root, so most really important files should be safe.

As I said, I don't know if this is really problematic, however I still think is should be changed.

Thank you very much in advance,

Alex

Back