• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New Class Cs

R

Rempala

At the end of this month we are switching Providers.
From New Edge to AT&T. My question is what would be the easiest way to switch plesk to use the new Class C IP#s

Old Class Cs
208.128.88.xx
206.154.244.xx

New Class Cs
12.174.156.xx
12.174.157.xx

Edward Rempala
WorldNet Access

You need to do lots of syncing stuff, but the best is to have off site DNS server, which you can control so you wont loose any hit or email.

Good luck

Could I export the dns and edit that way, and jsut re inport it when I am done (We did it that way back in 2.x).

Edward

You can edit the IP's for the DNS zones in dns_recs table of psa database, then run the following shellscript:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

ADMIN_PASS=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`
MYSQL_BIN_D=`grep MYSQL_BIN_D /etc/psa/psa.conf | awk '{print $2}'`
mysql="${MYSQL_BIN_D}/mysql -N -uadmin -p${ADMIN_PASS} psa"

query="select name from domains;"
domains=`echo $query | $mysql `

for i in ${domains}; do
    echo "echo $i"
    /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/dnsmng update $i
done

Cranky:
nice script, but is is possible to use a script like this to change SOA_TTL on every domain? I have added SOA_TTL to misc table, but not sure how I can "add" this to existing domains? Ideas?

I'm also going to move my servers to a new location.. any good advices before I start? :)

I figure you've sorted this out by now, if not then you can adjust the SOA settings in psa database then run the shellscript above, should work fine.

Back