• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New domains directed to Plesk default page

C

Captaffy

Whenever a new domain is created in Plesk, and it is accessed, either through the actual domain or Site Preview, the default Plesk page is displayed.

This is the Pleskâ„¢ default page

If you see this page it means:

1) hosting for this domain is not configured
or
2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk.

I have to restart Apache before it will display the contents of the domain's root properly. Does anyone know how to fix it so that I do not have to manually restart Apache each time?

Apache is not restarted immediately by default, but apache restart is required in this situation to update configuration files. I can suggest you to decrease 'Apache restart interval' in Plesk admin CP -> Server -> Server preferences section.
It was implemented to avoid too many apache restarts if a lot of operations are done in Plesk CP. It doesn't mean that apache will be restarted every time of this period. If no one makes changes in Plesk CP then apache will not be restarted, but if someone does, apache will be restarted not more often than once in the apache restart interval.

Originally posted by Dmitry Frantsev
Apache is not restarted immediately by default, but apache restart is required in this situation to update configuration files. I can suggest you to decrease 'Apache restart interval' in Plesk admin CP -> Server -> Server preferences section.
It was implemented to avoid too many apache restarts if a lot of operations are done in Plesk CP. It doesn't mean that apache will be restarted every time of this period. If no one makes changes in Plesk CP then apache will not be restarted, but if someone does, apache will be restarted not more often than once in the apache restart interval.

Thank you! You are so right!

I had assumed that Apache was not being automatically restarted for some reason, but I didn't realize there was an interval between restarts.

Back