• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue New error report (since Update #34)

learning_curve

Silver Pleskian
This error is recorded twice on each and every day since Update #34 in the panel.log.

It's looks simple, but has no detailed explanation / reference. We cannot (yet) see any bad effects on any of our domains that are using PHP 7.1.12. We haven't invoked PHP 7.2 within Plesk because we're waiting for other software suppliers that are involved, to confirm that everything they provide will run perfectly on 7.2 first of all....

The error?
Code:
[2017-12-19 13:16:20] ERR [1] error: Unhandled PHP type null
[2017-12-19 13:18:51] ERR [1] error: Unhandled PHP type null
Does anybody know where to start looking? :confused:

Additional: There's NO errors at all in any of these areas:

/var/log/php-fpm
/var/log/plesk-php71-fpm
/var/log/sw-cp-server

...and no related errors that we can see within any of the /var/www/vhosts/**domain-url**/logs

Do you have Google Auth extension enabled?
Try to update it or disable and check this error again.

Yes we did have the up to date Google Authenticator Extension - Version: 1.3.0-5 enabled.
We've now disabled it and will re-check what happends in the logs tomorrow ;)
Thank you

Sadly...:( The same two line error is still being repeated daily in the panel log, even after disabling ^^ the Google Authenticator Extension...
There are no Extention updates due, we'e double checked today.
We could remove it completely @IgorG and then see what happens? If this indeed is the suspected 'cheif culprit"

Last edited:
If it doesn't affect your sites operation why you are so worry about this?
Anyway, if it is really important to you - please contact Plesk Support. I just can say that this error is usually related to GA extension, but maybe there are another reasons and they could be found by Support guys directly on your server.

If it doesn't affect your sites operation why you are so worry about this?
We're not worried at all :D as there are no detrimetal effects on any of our sites. It's purely because so far, we've run pretty much error free (or errors that have then had fixes) since we started using Plesk, but this one has us stumped. As suggested, we'll see what Plesk Suppport may add in due course. Thanks!

I can confirm the problem too, and it definitely not related to GA extension, because i didn't installed that extension, and all my servers has this error in the panel.log.

[2018-01-11 06:33:10] ERR [1] error: Unhandled PHP type null
[2018-01-11 06:58:46] ERR [1] error: Unhandled PHP type null

Every day morning appears it twice in the log file in the same time. (i think it!s related to a daily event maybe.)

We didn't follow this up with Plesk Suppport to be honest, because it's a non-critical error / warning for us and we 'guessed' that a future Plesk update may remove it anyway (seeing as it only became visible after a previous Plesk update...) Interesting that it's not just us now though! ;)

Well.... "...Everything comes to he who waits..." goes the old idiom ;)
We ran the #38 upgrade to Plesk 17.5.3.
At the same time, we added PHP 7.2 on to our own sever via Plesk (background - see our opening post)
We have then monitored the panel.log for a couple of days now and... :)
Both of the daily error reports mentioned in this thread have now ceased. No errors are reported.
So, as stated earlier, nothing to do with any GA extension (certainly in our case anyway).
But....still not sure if it was the PHP7.2 addition or the #38 upgrade that solved the errors :D
@IgorG may know more by now and advise for any other user's benefit

Back