• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New folder in directory "private" on each domain

Thomas Becker

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
If I create a new domain in Plesk there are created a some folders like httpdocs, conf, cgi-bin, dev, usr, ... and also a folder named "private". I want to have a new folder in the folder "private" which is automatically created when adding new domains. Where is the template or skeleton for the folder "private"?
Thanks.

Greets
Thomas

Thanks for your reply, IgorG.
That was my first thought too, but there is no folder "private" in /var/www/vhosts/.skel/0/
That's the reason why I thought there must be another skeleton.

Does it make sense to create a folder "private/my_new_folder" in "/var/www/vhosts/.skel/0/" although there is noch folder "private" ?
Anyway it is good to know where the folder "private" comes from if not from "/var/www/vhosts/.skel/0/"

Just for those who are searching for that in the forum.
I need a directory for the session.save_path when using PHP as fastcgi. That's why I need the mention folder.

Last edited:
Vhost directories structure will be created according to this skeleton. Therefore you can add directory what you want there and all new vhosts will be created with this added directory according to skeleton.

Back