• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New FTP user account

AlexMi

New Pleskian
Hi. I have an easy (I think) question.
I'm running plesk 10.4.4 on a windows server. I'm trying to create a second ftp user account but I get the following error.
Error: SysUser::update() failed: Unable to create system user: Unable to add the user (********), invalid parameter is (-1): (2245) The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements.

The password and the username meets the criteria for plesk but I can't find a solution to my problem.
Thanks.

Hi. I have an easy (I think) question.
I'm running plesk 10.4.4 on a windows server. I'm trying to create a second ftp user account but I get the following error.
Error: SysUser::update() failed: Unable to create system user: Unable to add the user (********), invalid parameter is (-1): (2245) The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements.

The password and the username meets the criteria for plesk but I can't find a solution to my problem.
Thanks.

Perhaps the error says it all ? You can try modifying the password policies from your server settings and see if that makes a difference ..

I kind of new to this so i dont know if it is hidden somewhere. For starters I cannot find the password policies anywhere in my panel to modify them.

I think it's located at

Code:
Local Security Policy -> Account Policies -> Password Policy

There must be something wrong with my permisions on the panel. I can't find any of these.
I think it's located at

Code:
Local Security Policy -> Account Policies -> Password Policy

I probably don't have full access. I'll try to reach the hosting company for an answer to see what is going on.
Thanks.

Back