• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

new ftp user and apache user conflict

B

Barry Bell

A bit of background

We have virtual Linux hosting with Plesk Panel installed and are using primarily to host WordPress blogs. We have installed 5 or so before we came across this problem.

Installation Routine
Logged into Plesk and created a new Domain ‘test.co.uk’ and installed WordPress via the Web Applications. Everything setup correctly and added an ftp user to the account as well as a MySql database for WordPress. Next downloaded a theme from WordPress and installed via WordPress admin. Again all fine and I can edit the theme files from within Editor in admin. Now if I ftp some theme files to my computer and try to upload the files back it says I do not have permission. Alternatively if I upload the theme files individually via ftp everything works except that I can not use Editor within WordPress admin to edit the files.

I suppose what I want to know is if this is by design or can I get both routes working together and if so how?

Back