• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved New install fails at "select install software"

toomanylogins

Basic Pleskian
I downloaded the plesk-17.0-ubuntu-16.04-amd64.iso. Trying to install as a guest on server 2012 hyper v. The installation proceeds but then fails at step "select install software" No idea what is causing this. Looks to be an ubuntu issue.

I also tried to do the update Ubuntu 14-16 but the script kept failing so decided to create a new virtual machine.

Not having a lot of luck. Any ideas ?
Thanks
Paul

In this iso, we only install Plesk at one of the final stages.
I would suggest you take a manufacturer-prepared image for Hyper-v with Ubuntu without Plesk. Then install Plesk there using the Plesk Web Installer, for example.
BTW, Hyper-v has two generations of equipment, there are sometimes significant differences between them - Should I create a generation 1 or 2 virtual machine in Hyper-V?

Thanks Igor, That worked but a bit frustrating having tried both your iso and ubuntu 18 then 16 which I finally got too work. The only error with ubuntu 16 LTS and plesk auto installer was the install of sftp which failed not sure why. Issue now is how can I access the install log if dont have sftp access ? Can you access install log from admin interface ?

Install log is located in /tmp/autoinstaller3.log and you can get it only with root ssh access.

Back