• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved New install of a server - Plesk version?

nucknuck

Basic Pleskian
Hello all you helpful people out here!

I want kindly ask which version of Plesk I should use for a clean new installation?
Is 17.0.x now "final" , "stable" or what ever for production environments?

Or can I even use 17.5.x branch?

I´m a little bit confused about the versions... there is even a 17.8.x...

Hi nucknuck,

Or can I even use 17.5.x branch?

You should consider to use and install the current ( latest ) STABLE version, which is currently 17.5.30 :)

I´m a little bit confused about the versions... there is even a 17.8.x...
17.8.1 is in PREVIEW state, which means, that it is a TESTING version, which you should never use on production servers ( well, it's certainly YOUR choice, but it is not recommended. :p )

Btw. ... you are not the only one being confused/irritated about the current "Onyx - mixing - versions - changelog" - handling, but I really hope, that Plesk will step back to old structures soon, to avoid such confusions/irritations. ;)

You should consider to use and install the current ( latest ) STABLE version, which is currently 17.5.30 :)

I'm sorry I'm correcting you, but you're wrong:

# grep Stable /root/parallels/plesk.inf3
<release_1 id="PLESK_17_0_17" name="Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 (Stable)" version="17.0.17"
<release_1 id="PLESK_12_5_30" name="Plesk 12.5.30 (Stable)" version="12.5.30"
<release id="PLESK_12_0_18" name="Plesk 12.0.18 (Stable)" version="12.0.18"

Thank you... so actually the current actual and stable version would be 17.0.17.

What about 17.5.x - would it be worth to wait some more days or a few weeks?
Or will it be months before it will get stable status?

What about 17.5.x - would it be worth to wait some more days or a few weeks?
Or will it be months before it will get stable status?
It depends on many different internal factors. Therefore we can't provide any exact ETA when we announce 17.5 as Stable.

Back