• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue New installation with or without DNS server?

Davit

New Pleskian
I reinstalled PLESK. However, during reinstallation, I did not include DNS server options. Do I have to do a fresh reinstall again to include DNS modules?

I had many problems trying to migrate over from my other DNS server onto PLESK as I could not figure out the Primary and secondary setup under PLESK.
The problems presented many issues with LETEncrypt auto-generation too.
I had to manually configure the certs/DNS records between the Hosted Sites on Plesk with my foreign DNS servers.

In the past, I had a Plesk Secondary DNS setup configured on the older Plesk version.
I had installed the CERTS / hosted TXTs records on remote DNS servers was a pain to figure out and keep intune from the PLESK portal.

My current PLESK setup now gives me problems with WEBMAIL under Plesk Premium Email - Powered by Kolab.
Issues related to HTTPS and not recognizing the DNS records etc.

To solve all issues, I now want to set up DNS services and migrate my existing DNS Records over to PLESK.
1) Is there an easy way? to include a DNS Primary server
2) Do I need to do a FULL reinstall of PLESK with DNS? (I can not see to find the option via Plesk and I dont want to go behind into root to install/configure DNS servers I believe this breaks PLESK or it presents conflicts)
3) Do I go for the Primary 1st or Secondary DNS server option? Ive not tried a Convert Secondary to Primary DNS via Plesk, if possible.

Thank for you help
A new rookie on PLESK.
Davit

Back