• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New P10 Event Handler documentation

HostasaurusS

New Pleskian
My Event Handlers from Plesk 9.x no longer work in 10, after updating them from Physical Hosting Created to Website Created. The Plesk Help files say to refer to the Advanced Administration guide for the specific values to use with each Event Handler, which doesn't appear to exist for Plesk 10. If it does exist, it's not on the doc site where everything else is.

Does anyone know where the Advanced Administration doc is, if it exists, or figured out the new values that replaced <new_domain_name> <new_system_user> ?

It's been over three months and still no documentation from Plesk on the event handlers in Plesk 10. Anyone have these working yet? What we were using in Plesk 8 and 9, <new_domain_name> <new_system_user>, no longer work for Website created.

Anyone from Plesk that can read available to assist?

So we open a ticket back in December asking for the new event handler documentation and giving specific examples of what does not work any longer; ticket 1056268. The first support person to reply advises us:

Please check the following link ( http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=59206.htm ) & follow the instructions given.

Um no, that gives no information at all, it tells you how event handling works and then advises "For a full list of the parameter templates that can be used when setting up an event handler, refer to the Parallels Panel Advanced Administration Guide available from the Parallels website." So thank you to person #1 for not bothering to read our request. We explain that what they sent has nothing to do with the event handler tokens or the advanced administration documentation, get a reply back:

We apologize for the delay in response.

However, the Advanced Administration documentation for Parallels Plesk v.10 is still not released. This has been informed to the developers.

Wait three months, try again yesterday and specifically reference the old ticket number asking if the tokens can be provided to us or if the advanced administration guide is available; the reply?

Please see the section "202 Using Event Tracking Mechanism" in the Administrators guide available from http://ebookbrowse.com/plesk-10-administrator-guide-pdf-d52219053.

I hope this suits your needs, and in case if you have any further questions, please let me know.

We're assuming this means it still doesn't exist but since no one in Parallels support seems to be able to read our questions, does anyone monitor this forum that can tell us if that document exists yet, or better yet, post a list of all the available event handler tokens in Plesk 10?

Keeps getting better, now the support staff do not even read what one another have written within the same few hour span. In response to our informing the latest person that the guide they have sent us three times does not have the event handler tokens, we get this back:

Please check the following link (http://download1.parallels.net/Plesk/PP10/10.1.1/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-administrator-guide) & search for Adding Event Handlers (Linux Hosting)

We hope that this will resolve your issue.

However , please feel free to contact us for any further assistance, we will be more than happy to help you.

To bump this up, we have been looking for this documentation as well for a long time now. In support tickets it is simply ignored, and we are left to figure out how these work ourselves.

With some easy scripting it is possible to dump the variables passed to the script to a file - which at least helps when trying to make things work:

#!/usr/bin/perl
open TMP, '>/tmp/output.txt';
foreach (keys %ENV) {
print TMP "$_ = " . $ENV{$_} . "\n";
}
close TMP;

I'd like to know if any of these Events trigger on actions done via XML RPC? I'm trying to call a script which creates an nginx conf on new client/domain creation (it's an xml rpc all from 3rd party billing panel).

I've enabled the script to respond to MANY events (default domain, domain alias, subdomain, web user created/updated/deleted) and it doesn't seem to work if I do anything NOT from the panel itself. Otherwise it's working.

Actually, I need only one Event — "When apache config changed or created". I thought it's "Hosting settings created" but still no luck.

Is there any information on WHEN all these events actually trigger? Does "Default domain, alias updated" involve "Hosting settings updated"?

Back