• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New Plesk backup issue?

Ryan11433

Regular Pleskian
When I try to backup my plesk using Plesk Backup and I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Also for just incase if you need to know I have ran "alter table DatabaseServers add column parameters_id int;" and "alter table db_users add column status int;" in the psa database to fix the SQL error in the plesk control panel.

C:\>"%plesk_bin%\dbclient" --direct-sql --sql="ALTER TABLE DatabaseServers ADD C
OLUMN parameters_id int;"
Can't execute ALTER TABLE DatabaseServers ADD COLUMN parameters_id int;: MySql e
rror 1060:Duplicate column name 'parameters_id'
C:\>"%plesk_bin%\dbclient" --direct-sql --sql="ALTER TABLE db_users ADD COLUMN s
tatus int;"
Can't execute ALTER TABLE db_users ADD COLUMN status int;: MySql error 1060:Dupl
icate column name 'status'

I've already added those in Mysql Administrator. I'm talking about (When I try to backup my plesk using Plesk Backup and I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.")

Solution

Hi,

Did you have any solutions about this problem? I get the same after upgrading from v. 8.3 to 8.6

Regards Matthias

I am receiving this error as well. Unfortunately it's not a very descriptive error. Any method I use to backup (Plesk Backup, individual domain backup through the control panel) produces this error.

upgrading from v. 8.3 to 8.6

I also updated from v8.3 to 8.6 and there is obviously a bug that did not update the psa database with all the new fields needed. I don't believe we need to pay for support to fix this. Does anyone have a solution?

Back