1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

New Plesk backup issue?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Ryan11433, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Ryan11433

Ryan11433 Regular Pleskian

57%
    When I try to backup my plesk using Plesk Backup and I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Also for just incase if you need to know I have ran "alter table DatabaseServers add column parameters_id int;" and "alter table db_users add column status int;" in the psa database to fix the SQL error in the plesk control panel.

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
  3. Ryan11433

57%
    C:\>"%plesk_bin%\dbclient" --direct-sql --sql="ALTER TABLE DatabaseServers ADD C
    OLUMN parameters_id int;"
    Can't execute ALTER TABLE DatabaseServers ADD COLUMN parameters_id int;: MySql e
    rror 1060:Duplicate column name 'parameters_id'
    C:\>"%plesk_bin%\dbclient" --direct-sql --sql="ALTER TABLE db_users ADD COLUMN s
    tatus int;"
    Can't execute ALTER TABLE db_users ADD COLUMN status int;: MySql error 1060:Dupl
    icate column name 'status'

I've already added those in Mysql Administrator. I'm talking about (When I try to backup my plesk using Plesk Backup and I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.")

4. chili1001

chili1001 Basic Pleskian

57%
    Solution

Hi,

Did you have any solutions about this problem? I get the same after upgrading from v. 8.3 to 8.6

Regards Matthias

5. jgpcandrepair

jgpcandrepair Guest

I am receiving this error as well. Unfortunately it's not a very descriptive error. Any method I use to backup (Plesk Backup, individual domain backup through the control panel) produces this error.

6. erezy

erezy Guest

upgrading from v. 8.3 to 8.6

I also updated from v8.3 to 8.6 and there is obviously a bug that did not update the psa database with all the new fields needed. I don't believe we need to pay for support to fix this. Does anyone have a solution?

7. Ryan11433

57%
    I finally found a solution myself by going to this thread located at http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=54227 and running all of the given files... Plesk86DatabaseUpgrade.exe, Plesk8.3DatabaseUpgrade.exe and Plesk_8.2_to_8.6_DatabaseUpgrade.exe.