• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question New Plesk Plan

temiz

New Pleskian
Hello

I just started using Plesk. I want to ask something that seems quite interesting to me. Plesk is normally paid software but
gives 15 days for trial. As I understand it, you can get a retry license with a different email after the trial period has expired.

That being the case, why doesn't Plesk create a free and unlimited license with the rights granted by this trial license
instead of giving it a trial license? People have automated this "trial license" thing, and Plesk doesn't seem to care much about it.

By the way, please don't get me wrong. What I mean here is not to give all the features of plesk for free. Giving trial license rights to individuals free of charge and unlimitedly.
Just like cloudflare's free plan. Ultimately, if you can't or don't want to prevent something illegal, make it legal and get it under control. This may be more helpful.

Meanwhile, a plesk official said that this unlimited trial license thing is against plesk's policies.

You could technically just submit a ticket to the licensing team asking to extend the trail if you wish to try out Plesk a bit longer but otherwise you would need to buy the license if you manually install Plesk.

Now, if you've deployed Plesk using one of the pre-made images done by Plesk, that does come with a free license called Plesk Web Admin SE. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles but nether does Web Admin.

This version does not come with free support, however, other then the normal first 30 days. Support is only included on paid licenses.

You can read more on the Plesk Web Admin SE at Plesk Web Admin SE and if you want to compare the difference between, say Web Admin SE to Web Pro and Web Host, you can refer to Upgrade Your Plesk

Back