• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New server, help with domains

L

liamc7

Hello everyone.

I have just recently purchased a server with PLESK and i am now trying to use my domains that are hosted via GoDaddy with the server.

I have added the domain to PLESK, set up physical hosting and also uploaded the files to httpdocs. The problem is that the domains are "not working".

I opened a support ticket, i just do not seem to understand what i need to do, this is what was said:

"It doesn't work that way sir, the nameserver do not "magically" exist. Your main domain uses none of the nameservers for the server, therefore those nameservers do not exist. You need to make those nameservers at the registrar with the IP's provided in your welcome email and then add them at the very least to the domain at the registrar and in the dns zone of where the domain is currently hosted. Right now the nameservers can't point to the server because they do not exist in the domains zone or at the registrar."

I understand that this may not be the best description, so if you need anymore info just ask.

Any help is appreciated!

Right now the nameservers can't point to the server because they do not exist in the domains zone or at the registrar

You need to create your name servers at the registrar level(Godaddy) & use these in the Plesk DNS Zone area for the domain(s). You will also need to use the newly created name servers with the domain(s) you wish to use on your Plesk box...

The response from support explained what you need to do perfectly. Search this forum for 'DNS setup' or something similar.

Cheers.

Thankyou for the reply.

I think i have worked it out. I added the nameservers to godaddy for the domain (which i never new you could even do) is that all i had to do?

Normally i just added the nameserver to the DNS in Godaddy i didn't have to create them.

Hello,
The main server dns zone you are referring to is probably the DNS template under server, then settings.. This is not the problem..

Right off the bat your DNS appears fine to me, i'm a bit sleepy though :)

Did you actually register the name servers or did you just add ns1/2.domain.com to your domain's dns setting??

concealmy.info seems to be using NS1/2.SEDOPARKING.COM for the DNS so changes are probably still cranking away. How long ago did you register the name servers at registrar level?

Sorry didn't know you had replied and i edited my last post.

I think the prolem was i jsut added the nameservers to godaddy i didn't create them in the "domain host summary" or whatever it is.

I added them around 7 days ago, that's why i was looking for help.

I will see if this works. Thankyou for your help so far, i really appreciate it!

--------

The problem i now have is that another domain is with my previous host, i asked them to change the nameserver and they received an error:

The nameserver change failed due to the following error with Nominet V024 Missing glue record for server ns1.convex7.co.uk

How would i do the same with them?

Thankyou for your help poke, you helped me a lot! I did try searching for related posts before creating this thread however, i could not find anything i could understand.

----------------------------------------
If anyone else is having trouble with this:

-Login to your Godaddy account.

#1/ Click the link labeled, Domains (see image) and scroll down to "My Domain Names"
http://www.imango.co.uk/files/1/godaddyhelp1.jpg

#2/ Click on the domain name that you wish to use for your nameservers.

#3/ Scroll down to "Host Summary" (see image) click on "View/Modify Detail"
http://www.imango.co.uk/files/1/godaddyhelp2.jpg

#4/ You will see this page
http://www.imango.co.uk/files/1/godaddyhelp3.jpg

Make sure you enter the details given to you by your host or in your domain DNS Zone.

#5/ Enter information as shown and click ok.

Finally, wait for the nameservers to take effect.

Back