• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved New Sitejet promos showing despite setting in panel.ini

pleskuser67553

Basic Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

New Sitejet promos showing despite setting in panel.ini

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian v18.0.57_build1800231128.16 os_CentOS 7, CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core), Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 5120 CPU @ 2.20GHz (2 core(s))

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Recently it seems each new update of Plesk brings a new Sitejet promo card. The one I saw just now was on the Subscription page.

Since Plesk Obsidian 18.0.28 I have added the following to panel.ini

Code:
[promos]
enabled = false

Recently, various different promo cards for Sitejet builder have been ignoring this.

I review Change Log for Plesk Obsidian weekly, so I don't need these annoying popups in my Plesk UI, across multiple servers, thank you.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Add to panel.ini a few versions back

Code:
[promos]
enabled = false

Wait for next update and see a Sitejet promo

ACTUAL RESULT

Sitejet promo banners and cards appear.

EXPECTED RESULT

No Sitejet promo banners and cards appear.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

I accept some of these banners and cards blur the distinction between promo and new feature announcement.

I would much prefer all these announcements to remain in the dedicated notifications area at the top right of the screen behind the bell icon.

Or not at all, since I manage multiple Plesk servers and I would rather not dismiss the same multiple banners, cards, notifications that I already dismissed on another Plesk server.

I suggest a panel.ini setting for granular control of announcements, e.g. none, quiet, default. None meaning exactly that, zero, nada, ever. Quiet meaning restricted to the notifications area only. Default meaning as is now, a bit all over the place... - That way I can keep some announcements going on one server, but turn off on all the others.

Also, I would like to be able to upload images to this report form please, rather than self-host them. I believe it's possible to upload images in a normal forum post..?

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Some panel.ini settings are documented in the Panel.ini Editor extension, but not all. The Sitejet banner has already been heavily discussed, and on future updates such may be handled differently by Plesk.

If you have a little CSS knowledge, you can filter those banners with the help of this instruction:

It gives you the possibility to inject custom CSS code on the backend.
All you have to do is install the ext-global_v1.0.0-1.zip extension (as explained in the instruction above) and create a global CSS file:
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/modules/global/global.css

Next, add this line to hide the banner:
#sitejetPromo { display:none; }

With the browser console, it's easy to add additional promos that you don't want to see and for which Plesk hasn't yet given the option to hide using the panel.ini.

Back