1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

newaliases

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by delia, Jan 14, 2007.

1. delia

delia Guest

I've installed a program that requires me to add a line into the aliases file to let a perl script handle emails to one email address. The instructions are for sendmail, of course, and not qmail. I made the changes correctly but the next instruction says to run newaliases which doesn't exist in the same place as sendmail.

So, my question is twofold. First, do I have to run newaliases and if I do for this, where do I find it?

I have a practically default installation of Plesk 8.0.1 running on SUSE 9.3
    v8.0.1_build80061203.19 os_SuSE 9.3

I'm pretty new to server management so don't assume I know much of anything. I just started using shell access a couple of months ago!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

2. delia

delia Guest

more...

I ended up creating a new file under qmail mailnames directory for the email address I needed. The email address needs to be pointed at a perl script. Now the email isn't getting bounced any longer but it's stopping in the mail queue and not going anywhere it looks like.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get this to work? Am I headed in the right direction?