• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

newaliases

D

delia

I've installed a program that requires me to add a line into the aliases file to let a perl script handle emails to one email address. The instructions are for sendmail, of course, and not qmail. I made the changes correctly but the next instruction says to run newaliases which doesn't exist in the same place as sendmail.

So, my question is twofold. First, do I have to run newaliases and if I do for this, where do I find it?

I have a practically default installation of Plesk 8.0.1 running on SUSE 9.3
v8.0.1_build80061203.19 os_SuSE 9.3

I'm pretty new to server management so don't assume I know much of anything. I just started using shell access a couple of months ago!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

more...

I ended up creating a new file under qmail mailnames directory for the email address I needed. The email address needs to be pointed at a perl script. Now the email isn't getting bounced any longer but it's stopping in the mail queue and not going anywhere it looks like.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get this to work? Am I headed in the right direction?

Back