• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Newbie questions

MarkPratt

New Pleskian
I am running latest plesk using the Google Cloud Computer image on a quad core 16 GB RAM

A few noobie questions

1. I am running about 30 low traffic sites, what is the best "max children" setting? I have it at the default of 5, but see several max exceeded items in the error log

2. Please is reporting I am almost out of RAM, but this looks to be coming from the tempfs.
df -h shows tempfs used for /run, /sys/fs/cgroup and run/user/1000

Is that correct? How do I make plesk think I am not pushing out of ram? or am I?
free -h reports 1.6 G free, 12G cache, and 13 G available
Do I need more free?

3. Every time I install a new wordpress site, I assign php to use PHP FPM NGINX but seems to create a 503 across all the sites until I flip it back to Apache, then back to NGINX, maybe this is restarting the services? Any way to avoid this?

1. I am running about 30 low traffic sites, what is the best "max children" setting? I have it at the default of 5, but see several max exceeded items in the error log

Just increase step by step and check the logfiles

Do I need more free?
this looks like a normal behavior

3. Every time I install a new wordpress site,
this is not a normal behaviour and need more investigation, It seems that the PHP-FPM service of the PHP version that you have selected for the webspace has stopped. Maybe there is more dateils in the error log.

Back