• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question NFO: pum is called with arguments - help

baabaashep

New Pleskian
I am not a techy and I have an issue, can anybody help please?

Some problems occurred with the System Updates tool on your server. Please resolve them manually.

Reason: NFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--update', '--json']

2016-12-13 03:50:21 INFO: updating packages: nss-softokn-freebl systemtap-runtime libreport-plugin-rhtsupport selinux-policy irqbalance abrt-cli openssl nss-tools libsemanage-python openssl-libs abrt-dbus kmod dracut binutils perl-devel libreport-plugin-mantisbt mesa-libglapi openssh-server libmount libreport-plugin-mailx php-xml libreport-filesystem kexec-tools pixman mariadb-libs nss libsss_nss_idmap nss-sysinit ntpdate dnsmasq libnl3-cli hwdata lvm2-libs httpd php abrt-console-notification ca-certificates sos NetworkManager-team libreport-python php-cli php-mysql NetworkManager mdadm mesa-libgbm unzip perl-IO-Zlib openssh python-urlgrabber php-gd libreport-plugin-ureport bind-utils perl-Net-SSLeay httpd-tools wpa_supplicant libcgroup xinetd glibc-headers initscripts gnutls python-libs bind-license satyr libselinux lcms2 glib2 bind-libs-lite libstdc++ audit-libs-python policycoreutils-python perl-Net-DNS util-linux mod_ssl libsss_idmap lvm2 ghostscript abrt-python libsepol perl-Ext Utils-Install psa-selinux systemd audit libselinux-python libnl3 device-mapper-event-libs abrt-addon-kerneloops php-common libgcc device-mapper-libs php-fpm libreport-web systemd-python nss-softokn-freebl device-mapper-persistent-data systemtap-sdt-devel NetworkManager-tui sssd-client perl-Package-Constants yum pam openssh-clients device-mapper-event mariadb portreserve xz-libs glibc audit-libs systemd-sysv dracut-config-rescue abrt-addon-xorg checkpolicy mesa-libGL freetype abrt libreport-centos abrt-tui postgresql-libs abrt-retrace-client python tzdata device-mapper psmisc nss-softokn systemd-libs php-pdo libselinux-utils bind libuuid libreport abrt-libs cups-libs perl-IO-Socket-SSL libgcrypt abrt-addon-pstoreoops php-mbstring zlib dracut-network policycoreutils glibc-devel ntp abrt-addon-vmcore selinux-policy-targeted fontconfig NetworkManager-libnm nss-util glibc-common mesa-libEGL bind-libs libgudev1 libreport-cli abrt-addon-ccpp libblkid python-dns boost-program-options glibc mariadb-server libsemanage abrt-addon-python iputils setools-libs

2016-12-13 03:50:26 ERROR: Test Transaction Errors: file /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py from install of libstdc++-4.8.5-11.el7.i686 conflicts with file from package libstdc++-4.8.3-9.el7.x86_64

file /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.pyc from install of libstdc++-4.8.5-11.el7.i686 conflicts with file from package libstdc++-4.8.3-9.el7.x86_64

file /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.pyo from install of libstdc++-4.8.5-11.el7.i686 conflicts with file from package libstdc++-4.8.3-9.el7.x86_64

2016-12-13 03:50:26 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

What is output of commands:

# rpm -qa | grep libstdc
# rpm -qf /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py

?

Thanks for your reply, but you are talking to a novice. Could you tell me what to do. I use interface not commands

Ok I have PUTTY and a friend coming over who knows a little more than me. Does he have to type in these commands exactly:

# rpm -qa | grep libstdc
# rpm -qf /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py

?

Yes, but without the '#', the '#' only indicates a prompt and is not part of the command.

Once I am in SSH I see this command: -bash-4.2$. I input the commands and this was the output:
-bash-4.2$ rpm -qa | grep libstdc
libstdc++-4.8.3-9.el7.x86_64
libstdc++-4.8.5-4.el7.i686
-bash-4.2$ rpm -qf /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py
-bash-4.2$
-bash-4.2$ ?

I inputted the commands separately and this was the out put:
bash-4.2$ rpm -qa | grep libstdc
-bash-4.2$

-bash-4.2$ ?rpm -qf /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py
-bash: ?rpm: command not found
-bash-4.2$
-bash-4.2$

Thanks for your quick reply Peter (Im a novice) I am online now. Do input this exactly: rpm -qf /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py

This was the output now what do I do please:

-bash-4.2$

This was the output now what do I do please:

-bash-4.2$
Mixed up versions. x86 package libstdc++-4.8.5-4.el7.i686 should not be installed on 64-bit OS. Try to remove this package in test mode like:

# rpm -e --test libstdc++-4.8.5-4.el7.i686

But I'm afraid that a lot of dependences will be shown...

Thanks Igor. Is this going to be an issue for a novice like me. Will the dependencies be uninstalled ? Is it OK to uninstall them ? Can they be reinstalled? My VPS came with Plesk installed. Should I go back to the provider - is it their error? It only appeared after Plesk was updated by me (that was straightforward not from SSH but from Plesk panel)

If you are not familiar with rpm dependencies resolving - I would suggest you ask help of Support Team. It is not trivial task.

Back