• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question NFO: pum is called with arguments - help

baabaashep

New Pleskian
I am not a techy and I have an issue, can anybody help please?

Some problems occurred with the System Updates tool on your server. Please resolve them manually.

Reason: NFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--update', '--json']

2016-12-13 03:50:21 INFO: updating packages: nss-softokn-freebl systemtap-runtime libreport-plugin-rhtsupport selinux-policy irqbalance abrt-cli openssl nss-tools libsemanage-python openssl-libs abrt-dbus kmod dracut binutils perl-devel libreport-plugin-mantisbt mesa-libglapi openssh-server libmount libreport-plugin-mailx php-xml libreport-filesystem kexec-tools pixman mariadb-libs nss libsss_nss_idmap nss-sysinit ntpdate dnsmasq libnl3-cli hwdata lvm2-libs httpd php abrt-console-notification ca-certificates sos NetworkManager-team libreport-python php-cli php-mysql NetworkManager mdadm mesa-libgbm unzip perl-IO-Zlib openssh python-urlgrabber php-gd libreport-plugin-ureport bind-utils perl-Net-SSLeay httpd-tools wpa_supplicant libcgroup xinetd glibc-headers initscripts gnutls python-libs bind-license satyr libselinux lcms2 glib2 bind-libs-lite libstdc++ audit-libs-python policycoreutils-python perl-Net-DNS util-linux mod_ssl libsss_idmap lvm2 ghostscript abrt-python libsepol perl-Ext Utils-Install psa-selinux systemd audit libselinux-python libnl3 device-mapper-event-libs abrt-addon-kerneloops php-common libgcc device-mapper-libs php-fpm libreport-web systemd-python nss-softokn-freebl device-mapper-persistent-data systemtap-sdt-devel NetworkManager-tui sssd-client perl-Package-Constants yum pam openssh-clients device-mapper-event mariadb portreserve xz-libs glibc audit-libs systemd-sysv dracut-config-rescue abrt-addon-xorg checkpolicy mesa-libGL freetype abrt libreport-centos abrt-tui postgresql-libs abrt-retrace-client python tzdata device-mapper psmisc nss-softokn systemd-libs php-pdo libselinux-utils bind libuuid libreport abrt-libs cups-libs perl-IO-Socket-SSL libgcrypt abrt-addon-pstoreoops php-mbstring zlib dracut-network policycoreutils glibc-devel ntp abrt-addon-vmcore selinux-policy-targeted fontconfig NetworkManager-libnm nss-util glibc-common mesa-libEGL bind-libs libgudev1 libreport-cli abrt-addon-ccpp libblkid python-dns boost-program-options glibc mariadb-server libsemanage abrt-addon-python iputils setools-libs

2016-12-13 03:50:26 ERROR: Test Transaction Errors: file /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py from install of libstdc++-4.8.5-11.el7.i686 conflicts with file from package libstdc++-4.8.3-9.el7.x86_64

file /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.pyc from install of libstdc++-4.8.5-11.el7.i686 conflicts with file from package libstdc++-4.8.3-9.el7.x86_64

file /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.pyo from install of libstdc++-4.8.5-11.el7.i686 conflicts with file from package libstdc++-4.8.3-9.el7.x86_64

2016-12-13 03:50:26 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

What is output of commands:

# rpm -qa | grep libstdc
# rpm -qf /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py

?

Thanks for your reply, but you are talking to a novice. Could you tell me what to do. I use interface not commands

Ok I have PUTTY and a friend coming over who knows a little more than me. Does he have to type in these commands exactly:

# rpm -qa | grep libstdc
# rpm -qf /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py

?

Yes, but without the '#', the '#' only indicates a prompt and is not part of the command.

Once I am in SSH I see this command: -bash-4.2$. I input the commands and this was the output:
-bash-4.2$ rpm -qa | grep libstdc
libstdc++-4.8.3-9.el7.x86_64
libstdc++-4.8.5-4.el7.i686
-bash-4.2$ rpm -qf /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py
-bash-4.2$
-bash-4.2$ ?

I inputted the commands separately and this was the out put:
bash-4.2$ rpm -qa | grep libstdc
-bash-4.2$

-bash-4.2$ ?rpm -qf /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py
-bash: ?rpm: command not found
-bash-4.2$
-bash-4.2$

Thanks for your quick reply Peter (Im a novice) I am online now. Do input this exactly: rpm -qf /usr/share/gcc-4.8.2/python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py

This was the output now what do I do please:

-bash-4.2$

This was the output now what do I do please:

-bash-4.2$
Mixed up versions. x86 package libstdc++-4.8.5-4.el7.i686 should not be installed on 64-bit OS. Try to remove this package in test mode like:

# rpm -e --test libstdc++-4.8.5-4.el7.i686

But I'm afraid that a lot of dependences will be shown...

Thanks Igor. Is this going to be an issue for a novice like me. Will the dependencies be uninstalled ? Is it OK to uninstall them ? Can they be reinstalled? My VPS came with Plesk installed. Should I go back to the provider - is it their error? It only appeared after Plesk was updated by me (that was straightforward not from SSH but from Plesk panel)

If you are not familiar with rpm dependencies resolving - I would suggest you ask help of Support Team. It is not trivial task.

Back